Source for Reman 4.3???

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Source for Reman 4.3???

Post by Rockrz »

I'm considering giving my truck to a friend (after I get my replacement truck, of course) and was thinking about putting in a reman engine before I do (current engine is fine, but is about to trun over 200,000)

So, I thought I'd ask and see if anyone knew of a good place to get a reman 4.3 engine at a reasonable price with at least a one year warranty.

Maybe something that can be shipped in on a pallet if anyone knows of a reputable builder that does good work.

OR, do you think I'd be better off going to a GM dealership and ordering a reman engine from them?
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I used a Jasper when I needed to re-power my G-20 Van with a 4.3. I was very happy with it.

Everyone should have friends like you. It would be a much better world. :thumb:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

Excellent! I was just over there reading up on what they do and it looks like they remanufacture the engine with alot of new parts as opposed to cleaning it up and slappin some new rings in.

If I'm going to give this away, I want it to have a good engine. Whoever I go with, I'm going to drive it myself for at least 6 months to make sure it's broke in good and to make sure there are no problems.

Thanks for the link. I'll research them a little more, but it looks like they have the right idea about building engines.

Yeah, this guy has been a good friend for years and he's always had vehicle problems. So, I figured I can't sell a '96 S-10 extended cab truck for much anyway since it's got so many miles on it.

The truck is in great shape now, including the engine. But, I just don't want to give the truck away with an engine with 200,000 miles on it cause you never know when it's gonna tank on ya even though it's running perfectly now. It doesn't even use any oil.

Anyway, I'd like to get my replacement truck purchased, and get a new engine in my old one by this time next year and just make a Christmas present out of it!

That oughta freak him out! I know how I felt when my grandpaw bought me a good low mileage used truck back when I was about 19 years old. It totally blew me away to get a good FREE vehicle, so it'll be nice to do that for someone else.
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

S&S http://www.rebuiltautoengines.com/ would be my recommendation... 7 Yr warranty. I used them for a 5.0 Liter in my F-150. Very prompt, professional, well crated recieved everything I expected (and then some). Of course the core was cheaper to just eat than ship back for me.

I just did a quick search on their site and it looks to be about $900 + freight for the 4.3 (it does go up from there).
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

OK, thanks for that link. I'll check them out too...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Did you check your local dealer?
I can buy new GM engines for little more than the cost of a reman long block.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

HenryJ wrote:Did you check your local dealer?
I can buy new GM engines for little more than the cost of a reman long block.
No, not yet....but I did think about it and I'll call them to compare since a new engine would be preferable to a reman.

Unless...it's a piston slapper :roll:
I guess you'd never know till you got it installed and broke in good.