Rear Seat

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Rear Seat

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

does anyone know the measurments(space) behind the rear seat?
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

small x short x small :wink:
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
NO CLUE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by NO CLUE »

short x small x short
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Rear Seat

Post by barch97 »

Rebel-Chevy wrote:does anyone know the measurments(space) behind the rear seat?
I don't know but I suspect it's REALLY close to the dimensions of some of the sub boxes members have made/purchased.

hint #1

hint #2
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I made a box that was 4" top tapered down to 8" on the bottom @ 13" tall and only a 1 and a half ft long (outside wood to outside wood) so it factors in the 3/4" thickness of the wood. But it didn't fit too well as the sub adds another 3/4" to the face of the box.

But it could work for example If you are looking to gain a small amount of space behind the rear seat I did it rather easily. I put a regular 12" clarion sub behind the seat in a custom made box.

Unbolt the seat 2 behind the seat back and two in the front holding the bottom down. Then two on the floor. Just add about 4 washers (just enough so you can still thread the nut) and you'll be adding about 3/4 an inch to behind the seat. Just enough room for a regular depth sub! I just had to shave a little wood off because the magnet hit the back of the box. Drill holes and you can bolt the bottom of the seat back down as well or slip a smaller bolt through the leftover hole w/ washers. I also removed the plastic backing behind the seat just held in w/ clips and pulls right off adds another 1/2". You can also remove the plastic casters that the seat latch grabs on to. This will have the seat lean forward just a slight amount not noticeable but it will latch sooner so it doesn't go as far back.

Hope this helps!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page