Clear Corner Lens

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Clear Corner Lens

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

i got a pair of clear APC clear corner lens's tonight at advanced auto for $1.01. they were on clearance for $10 something and when he rung it up i was like One Dollar? the have replacement bulbs and the inner part of the lens where those of you have fog lamps, you can drill out the circle and put you own light in there. i those it was a good deal getting them for $10 so i really made out paying $1. ill get pics when i can get a camera
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

You can't beat that price.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

Are clear lenses legal?

I thought they were required to be reflective in a yellowish color.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Rockrz wrote:Are clear lenses legal?

I thought they were required to be reflective in a yellowish color.
They are legal as long as they have the correct DOT stamp and you use colored bulbs. :wink:

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I am not sure how many states require an amber reflector at the front corner as well. I believe Oregon is one. Mine do not have that , but a small one was sent with them. I am not sure how or where it was to be inserted, or if it was just to make them legal to sell.

There are some models that had clear turn signal lenses from the factory. The 1959 Fleetside truck, 1951 HenryJ and the 1970 Chevelle SS are examples. I can not say for sure if they were using amber bulbs. None of the HenryJs I have seen were, but they don't have amber reflectors and are really too old to be of much consequence in this discussion.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

I think most states that don't have an outright law that was passed to specifically address this issue, will probably have a general law that requires all vehicles to keep their stock equipment.

I'm in Texas, so I'll have to do some research to see where I stand cause I kinda like the clear lenses myself and would like to get some.
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

70 Chevelle SS used amber bulbs, I can tell ya that for a fact ;-)
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

I think some states require the lenses to actually be amber color, and they must be reflective as well.
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

Replaced my lights a good while ago and have always had a pretty good gap between the light and the fender. Several people have even pointed it out to me and I just say that's the way it's susposed to be. So what about lights on your trucks? Gap or no gap?
[size=75]---Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans............John Lennon[/size]
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

You're not supposed to have any white light stickin out there, so you might have to use some of that tape they make out of ducks :nana: