Moderator: F9K9

Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Ebay Chip

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

so i was looking on ebay and came across this
Ebay Chip
and was wondering if anyone has tried this?i doubt it works, but if it does its worth the $9
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You can buy 100 of them at Radio shack for that. It is just a resistor for the IAT sensor.

Bad investment.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

HenryJ wrote:You can buy 100 of them at Radio shack for that. It is just a resistor for the IAT sensor.

Bad investment.
So, what would the value on this resistor be? :?: If you know?
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

It is just a gimmick. Your rig will recognize it as such in a day or less.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

f9k9 wrote:It is just a gimmick. Your rig will recognize it as such in a day or less.
So, what would be the result of that? Ses light on? Computer able to compensate? According to Brule my 01 pcm has tight parameters anyway.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:You can buy 100 of them at Radio shack for that. It is just a resistor for the IAT sensor.

Bad investment.
My bad! Test it out for us and maybe we can benefit.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I ran a resistor in my IAT a few times on my Camaro out in AZ. Basically what it does is trick your PCM into thinking it's a perfect air temp coming into the intake whether it is or not so that timing isn't retarded at all. I tested it on my Camaro at the track...two runs without the resistor installed and two runs with...and there was no difference. IMHO...I would let the IAT do what it was designed to do.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

AZS10Crew wrote:I ran a resistor in my IAT a few times on my Camaro out in AZ. Basically what it does is trick your PCM into thinking it's a perfect air temp coming into the intake whether it is or not so that timing isn't retarded at all. I tested it on my Camaro at the track...two runs without the resistor installed and two runs with...and there was no difference. IMHO...I would let the IAT do what it was designed to do.
amen
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

They're garbage, don't waste your money! :!:

Steve