Skidz Flares

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

okie s10
Crew
Crew

Skidz Flares

Post by okie s10 »

Well a newbie here and been readin all the posts on these flares. They really look good. How's about a little history on them? Saw somewhere only 50 sets made? Who made'em? When? They different from ZR5 flares? Metal cutting involved I assume? Guess all sold out too? What's the best option available now? And what's the difference in these and ZR5 flares? Bunch of questions but thought I'd throw them all out at once.
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by williamcstonejr »

Try this link below. The more you poke around this site you will find Brule and f9k9 are pretty much the masters on these trucks. I believe this is Brules install of the flares. As far as finding them good luck on that one . And as the difference compared to the ZR5 I cannot help you there sorry. There are a lot of guys around here that know what they are talking about you just have to do some research on that pesky little SEARCH button just behind FAQ up top. Brule set me straight on that early on. Oh btw :) welcome

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/og1/modinfo/ ... kidz1.html
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Skidz Flares

Post by HenryJ »

okie s10 wrote:How's about a little history on them? Saw somewhere only 50 sets made?
I don't know the exact number made. I thought the number was closer to a dozen sets made.
Who made'em?
Justin (bubaloo1983) www.customskidplates.com
When?
June-July 2005
They different from ZR5 flares? Metal cutting involved I assume? what's the difference in these and ZR5 flares?
Yes on both accounts Wider and longer. ZR5 flares bolt over the existing fender and reduce the size of the wheel well. Skidz flare make the wheel well 3" longer for tire clearance and they extend out about three inches for tire coverage. With a 2" body lift, 33x10.5 tires are possible.
Guess all sold out too?
A few sets are still out there for sale. Price is going to be premium though. Long gone are the $400 sets.
What's the best option available now?
What do you want to do?
Stock truck: ZR5 flares
Wider look and less expensive: Modified Bushwacker extend-a-fender flares
Cut out flares: NOS Skidz flares , or cut out without flares.

What has not been tried for cut out flares? Ford F150 Bushwacker cut-out flares or cut out flares from another model.
Also Diversified creationsmakes a set. It may be possible to modify them to work.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

Thanks for the scoop Brule, you left no stone uncovered. :thumb: