Bed cover

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

okie s10
Crew
Crew

Bed cover

Post by okie s10 »

Did some searching and wound up on the mod page. Thinking about a bed cover and saw the post about the aluminum bed cover from GM. Has anyone on the used it? And reckon it would work with the ZR5 rails? Wanting to keep my rails on.
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by williamcstonejr »

It won’t work with the rails if it is the foldable you are talking about. I have the aluminum foldable top sold at the dealership. Works great accept the rubber over the piano hinges don’t hold up very well to the UV. I am calling the manufacturer to see if I can get replacements. If not I will make something myself. If this is the one I will get you the info.
[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Is this the one you are looking for? Image Image
[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

You Could Probably Use Something Like This Roll Top Cover But At $1000.00 It Isn't Cheap. :shock:

Also I Have A Leonard Truck Caps Near Me And They Told Me They Could Mount The Bed Rails On A Fiberglass Tonneau Cover If I Wanted.

I Have Seen 1 S-10 Crewcab Have It Mounted This Way But I Was On 95 Headed To Florida So I Never Got A Picture Or To Talk To Him.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

I have the roll top, but it was an installed accessory by Centurion when they converted my X cab into a crewcab. Works great, except for the fact that it takes up about 10 incehs of my already way too small bed.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

border man : converted my X cab into a crewcab
Huhhhhhhhhhh? Did you extend the frame also? do you have pics on the site? I dont remember seeing your truck in here. I know Image
I had to ask. :wink:
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

My truck is a 2000 X-Cab Sonoma that was converted by Centurion Industries into a crewcab. This was a factory authorized convertion with full GM warranty. The frame is exactly the same. If you crawl underneath you can see where torched off the cab mounts and moved them. Other things that are noticeable are the airbag shutoff that I have from the original, and no overhead console.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

You gotta be kinddin me, a custom made crew. I guess you got the infamous Isuzu bed also.
[size=75]---Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans............John Lennon[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

okie s10 wrote:..............I guess you got the infamous Isuzu bed also.
Yep! If you check out his post count and join date it means he usually has something good to say.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

border man wrote:My truck is a 2000 X-Cab Sonoma that was converted by Centurion Industries into a crewcab.
So you did this in 2000 before the crew became available in the States?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

williamcstonejr wrote:
border man wrote:My truck is a 2000 X-Cab Sonoma that was converted by Centurion Industries into a crewcab.
So you did this in 2000 before the crew became available in the States?
Nope. This is the first of the Crew cab line. These trucks were modified under the supervision of GM. GM sells many vehicles that are not "production" models, but instead done by other companies for GM. Centurion is one. GM did not build a Cavalier convertible. Again this was another company that did them for GM.
These vehicles are new delivered to the builder presale. The VIN indicates the vehicle as converted usually.
Lots of manufacturers do the same thing. Propane and LPG conversions are another example.

Eventually in the 2001 production line a factory produced the crew cab. These were no longer conversions and the first production models.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

AAAh :idea: So they would do this since the Brazilian factories would not be tooled/equipped for the sates requirements I am assuming? i.e. engine type.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sounds reasonable to me :D

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
blackflamed
Crew
Crew

Post by blackflamed »

can you even get the aluminum foldable top anymore i have been looking around talked to gm and they told me its was no longer being made or sold
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Yes you can. They have improved the locking mechanism also. Mine has a single attachment point in the center now they have two, one on each side of the bed. I love mine and glad it came with the truck. I don’t know what they cost but I suspect they may be pricey.

Fold-A-Cover
blackflamed
Crew
Crew

Post by blackflamed »

awesome !! thaxs a ton !!
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

:thumb: