Engine transplant

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

PATRICKH
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Engine transplant

Post by PATRICKH »

In this months issue of Car Craft, there is an article dealing with transplanting a LS1 into a 64-72 chevy. Which got me to thinking, wonder how hard it would be to stuff one these into my 2001 CC.

What do yall think?

Would be a challenge to be sure, but how much freakin fun would the end result be !?!?!?!?!?
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

One of my good friends is seriously thinking about putting a 383 he has left over from a Nova project into his 91 S10 2wd. :?

I keep trying to talk him out of it. :lol:

Steve
PATRICKH
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by PATRICKH »

I'm still new to these trucks and it probably shows in some of my posts.

I know there are V8 kits for the S-10's, just was doing a little wishful thinking.
[size=75]"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"[/size]
PATRICKH
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by PATRICKH »

Thanks for the link HenryJ
[size=75]"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"[/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

killian96ss wrote: I keep trying to talk him out of it. :lol:

Steve
The swap or the engine? :lol:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

About 10 years ago, I saw a small block wedged int a 1st gen Blazer. I wasn't able to get a good look at this beast, But I know that it would really light up the rear tires. When I say wedged, I don't think you could have pout your little fingerbetween the engine and sheet metal on the sides and rear.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

rlrnr53 wrote:About 10 years ago, I saw a small block wedged int a 1st gen Blazer. I wasn't able to get a good look at this beast, But I know that it would really light up the rear tires. When I say wedged, I don't think you could have pout your little fingerbetween the engine and sheet metal on the sides and rear.
Back in 98-00 I worked with a guy who had put together one of these with a 400 sm block. :shock: You're right about the performance and clearances. :yikes: Last I saw him he was considering if he could figure out how to put a 454 big block in there! :roll: That's when I kinda figured it wise to give him a wider berth. Insanity like that may not be infectuous but I didn't want to risk it! :crazy:
After leaving that job I then worked for a while with another disproportionate horsepower freak. He had a "speed boat" if you could call it that. More like a wooden shingle with a huge motor on it! Very small boat and sat very low in the water. Powered by a souped up 350 sm block with dual quads and open headers. Deafening to ride in/be around! On smooth water the thing would easily exceed 150mph. :shock: I don't like going that fast on the water especially when he would get ornery and pull some 75-80% power turns. :yikes: Good thing I kept my lunch. Probably would've gotten it right back in the face on those tight quick turns. :puke:
Oh, Yeah, before you doubt the speeds-don't. Radar checked by a trooper friend off duty with his speed gun.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
philippe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by philippe »

ok that's something cool to put a 350 into a cc.to find what parts is direct bolt on and what need adaptor,does it have a list of all parts of our cc.i have a 2002 cc whit ZR5 pacage and i dont know what is my transmition,transfer case,diff.and all others.for the up grade of motor,i red in the four wheel drive issue that a stock 350 is ok for the stock trans. of the s-10 and transfer case but dont know if it bolt rite there.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The bellhousing is the same. Our 4.3L is based on the 350 engine. Just lacks two pistons. All accessories are shared.

Biggest hurdles are the oil pan clearing the front differential assembly, and fan clearance at the radiator.
The 350 engine is longer. Width is the same.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

roadrunner wrote:
killian96ss wrote: I keep trying to talk him out of it. :lol:

Steve
The swap or the engine? :lol:
I'm trying to talk him out of the swap because my friend has a hard time keeping his M5 on the road let alone a 450 hp spin out prone pick up truck. :lol:

Steve