Moderator: F9K9

Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

GM Intake Elbows

Post by Rockrz »

I just saw the Granatelli GM Intake Elbows at:
http://www.jegs.com/p/Granatelli/761116 ... m12&pos=12

Think this could be made to work OK on our trucks?
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

"Product images may differ from actual product appearance."
Hard to tell unless you can get some measurements of it and measure your stocker to see if its the same. Or a true picture perhaps in said application. You had wanted to replace the accordion style intake tube right or was that another member?
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

This RIGID elbow appears to be made for in front of the MAFS as it appears to have an opening for the IAT sensor, which works the best in the air flow before the MAFS. Lower temp reading tells PCM to feed a richer fuel mixture, a little better power. Better ask Granatelli what its for. $60 is a little high for looks under the hood.
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

Well, does any other company out there sell similar products?
[size=75]I'm drivin a...2003 Chevy S10 Ex Cab LS 2WD, Auto, 4.3L, Vin Code X[/size]
PATRICKH
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by PATRICKH »

I bought one like this off of ebay a while back. I then bought the airaid intake a little after that. No specific reason, except that a friend of mine had a 2000 S-10 and sold it and didn't need it. Here's a link to the ebay site I bought the first one from.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-200 ... .m20.l1116
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

Great, thanks for the linkl.
[size=75]I'm drivin a...2003 Chevy S10 Ex Cab LS 2WD, Auto, 4.3L, Vin Code X[/size]
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Torskdoc »

PATRICKH wrote:I bought one like this off of ebay a while back. I then bought the airaid intake a little after that. No specific reason, except that a friend of mine had a 2000 S-10 and sold it and didn't need it. Here's a link to the ebay site I bought the first one from.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-200 ... .m20.l1116
Just got one of these. Couple of points.

1.) Quality on pipes and fittings is as good as K&N setup.
2.) You WILL have to cut notches in the Silicone boots to "clock" the Intake Hat and the MAF. The Silicone boots will fit up nice and tight then.
3.) The Grommet for the I A T Sensor was slightly loose. A bit of RTV in the groove and issue settled.
4.) No instructions for the piece of mounting material. Instructions read like 70's stereo instructions. But if you are 1/2 way mechanical(know the difference between a distributor and a crankshaft) then you won't have problems.
5.) No provisions for re-oiling or instructions to do so. Guess you have to do with a K&N recharge kit, or soap and water with a sparingly applied spray of 3in1 oil would probably dso just as well.

The postage is $3.00 more than the unit. WTF???? :twisted: Actually the Unit was well packed in bubble wrap, and the box was fairly sturdy.

It's just a slight bit quieter than a stock intake that has been swissed (no box to resonate?). Butt Dyno says no increase in HP/TQ but my mileage has gone up another 2/10th's. This is over 4 fill-ups in the last 3 weeks.

All in all a fair alternative to K&N, Air-Raid, and all the other brand name units costing $200-300. For the money 1-1/2 thumbs up. 1/2 Thumb down for excessive postage.

Depending on cost I might get one for wife's G.A.
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT