what modifications should i do next

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

what modifications should i do next

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

i have a 2002 sonoma 4x4 with 31x10.50 bfg mudterrains with a slight torsion bar crank and a flowmaster exhaust....the truck is stock besides the tires and the exhaust and i also have a brush guard on the front...any suggestions on what i should do next?

Brandon
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Shocks if they are still factory. You won;t beleive the difference in the ride.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

Air intake 'swissing'/K&N drop in filter... Throttle valve shaving...

WH
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Tuneup if you haven't recently had one. Maybe fluid changes, get rid of Dex, transfer case vacuum switch if thats still original. Maybe some stereo work if you like sound. Longer shackles to get the rear back up higher than the front.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

After Market sway bar bushings ($30) would go well with shocks.

Any of these can be argued as a 1st mod priority.

1. Shocks
2. Improved air intake
3. exhaust
4. sway bar bushings

GUIDE TO SEARCHING. (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

i think my next step will be the new shocks....and im not sure if shackles are leagel where i live (i live in virgina) does anyone know if they are :?:
sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

and also i would like to get some pictures of my truck up here to see what u guys think....but i dont know how....can some one tell me how

brandon
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

After you get through the mods already mentioned if you choose to do them you might want to consider either wait4meperformance computer or HPPIII programmer and a throttle body spacer. All these are discussed in great detail and can be found with a search on the forum. Another excellent read is the threads on the exhaust pre-cat. Enjoy, we'll help you learn and progress if we can. :thumb:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
raven2510
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by raven2510 »

dont get a Throttle body spacer...they dont do s###
1999 Chevy S10 ZR2
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Yeah I have to somewhat agree, it depends on the year of your truck as to what engine style you have. Our CCs don't need one.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

So, you guys are saying I should toss mine instead of installing it? I thought some on the forum said it helped low-end throttle response?
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

It isn't going to hurt, but it isn't really gonna help either. Some say it may help with mixing of EGR gasses. Other than that I wouldn't expect a gain just making it easier to change out thermostats. With our model engine the fuel is mixed after where your spacer would go, for a gain it needs to be TBI, the older style engines.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

V6 Bolt-On List

Check that out for realistic gains for our engine, others may disagree.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Interesting read green. The only exception i take to it is this anything that increases horsepower output without increasing fuel input translates to increased fuel economy unless the driver uses poor driving habits and "wastes" the extra horses. :wink:
BTW, I do have the tornado thingy's on 4 different vehicles. They do work. Not large but definitely measureable mpg increases on all 4. In the range of .5 to 1.5 mpg. Not large but as much as I drive in a years time it does add up. :) I figured out on my CC a two cent per gallon difference in fuel prices amounts to over $500.00 per year for me so every mpg counts. 8)
sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

does anyone know if rear shackles are legal in virginia? :twisted:
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

another question...i am thinking about replacing my shocks...and far as i know the shocks on it are the stock ones....and my truck has 74,000 miles on it...but my truck leans slightley to the left when u look at it from the back....what causes this? is it the shocks?
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Please use the search feature. You will find it very helpful in finding things that have been covered previously and that will keep the boss man off your case.Truck Leaning
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]