This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

rear end locker

Post by fpieri »

Hello everybody,

Finally, after having the unit for 4 months, i decided to install it in the rear end.
I am talking about the powertrax noslip for the rear differential (DANA 44 standard case).

This really works!!! very quiet, and in the daily use in the street you just forget that you have this full locker installed.

I installed it a month ago aproximately. it unlocks automatically when the "inner wheel forces the locker" and the unit power only the inner wheel leaving free the outer wheel until you return to go straight.

Really GOOD!

Bye

Fermín (South America)
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: rear end locker

Post by F9K9 »

fpieri wrote:...................I am talking about the powertrax noslip for the rear differential (DANA 44 standard case).............................................
Yours came with a Dana 44? hmmmmmmmmmmm :?:
Last edited by F9K9 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

f9k9 wrote:Your came with a Dana 44? hmmmmmmmmmmm :?:
Maybe some more of those South American differences? Lucky guy if so!
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

roadrunner wrote:
f9k9 wrote:............Lucky guy if so!
You have that right :wink: I don't know if anyone is still planning a SFA for their CC but, Mopar has a smoking deal on new Wrangler JK (2007 and 2008) Dana 44 axles with 4.10 , disc brakes and electric lockers for $1400 at any dealer. If, you do the math with locating a driver side drop 44 at a salvage yard, rebuilding it and adding a locker, you are looking at 2k spent.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]