Cat back systems

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

PATRICKH
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Cat back systems

Post by PATRICKH »

Thinking about upgrading the exhaust with a cat back system (don't have the skills, budget, place to work for a complete system) so I'll start there.

Friends are suggesting Gibson, Borla, Heartthrob, Dynomax, ect. Anyone have any preferences ?
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

I have a Gibson on my 95 Z and I really like it. But it also has headers

Also on my crewcab I have a Flowmaster muffler only. It has stock pipe still and is fairly loud at start up, but then quiets down.

I think it's louder than the Z.
Last edited by 24digger on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
sonomadude4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by sonomadude4x4 »

i had a flowmaster on my sonoma i liked it but wasent really loud enough for me so i had it taken off and had a straight pipe put in....so im running straight pipes but still have the cataltaic converters......i also found that my 0 to 60 time was faster with the straight pipes than with the flowmaster....im going to try and post a video clip of it this week