Tranny Swap?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Tranny Swap?

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

ok so im getting a extended cab, 4 wheel drive, 5 speed Sonoma for $350 without the engine. everything else is there except the engine and the front clip. so since my transmission is shot and slipping in 1st and 2nd gear i figured $350 is worth it, besides once im done i can get more than that for it at the scrap yard. So im in need of some input of if this will work out? I was wondering what else mignt be needed and if anyone has done this?
PonyKiller
Regular
Regular

Post by PonyKiller »

For the most part it should bolt right up. I know if reg and extended cab s10 the fire wall and floor has the indents where you need to cut or drill to make the pedals and shifter fit, not sure if the crew cab had that though because it never came as a manual.

Hardest part will be the wiring, but having both harnesses will help with that. Pretty much the wires for the Neutral safety in the auto switch with the clutch switch in the manual.

You may also need to look at getting your ECM reflashed with a tune for a manual truck because they are slightly different.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya what he said about the computer and all.

is your cc tcase the same as the other s-10? and whats the length of the manual tranny? if its at all different, you will need new/different mounts and crossmember for the tcase plus you might need new drive shafts if you dont want them falling out, hahahaha.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

its a extended cab sonoma with a 6ft box. so im thinking it should all work out, im getting the whole truck so if the drive shafts are different ill have the right ones.