So Where do I find these "Skidz cut-out fender flares?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

coolpick
Regular
Regular

So Where do I find these "Skidz cut-out fender flares?

Post by coolpick »

:?:
Hey, I looked at the write-up about them on the main page. I have a good ideal on how to do them, but I cant find them anywhere on the net. Are they like a bushwacker with a modification, or what.

Thanks alot

Oh, its been awhile since I posted here. I finally have some money so I should be doing some mods.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The Skidz Flares were made by a guy in Canada. He built a few sets and sold them. He has since lost interest in the crew cabs and moved on. I don't think the profit was there to continue.
There are a few new sets still out there.
Check the classifieds, but don't hold your breath. Those that have them are either holding on to them, or are hard to contact due to military commitments.

The story is mostly here: Skidz Flaress
okie s10 wrote:How's about a little history on them? Saw somewhere only 50 sets made?
I don't know the exact number made. I thought the number was closer to a dozen sets made.
Who made'em?
Justin (bubaloo1983) www.customskidplates.com
When?
June-July 2005
They different from ZR5 flares? Metal cutting involved I assume? what's the difference in these and ZR5 flares?
Yes on both accounts Wider and longer. ZR5 flares bolt over the existing fender and reduce the size of the wheel well. Skidz flare make the wheel well 3" longer for tire clearance and they extend out about three inches for tire coverage. With a 2" body lift, 33x10.5 tires are possible.
Guess all sold out too?
A few sets are still out there for sale. Price is going to be premium though. Long gone are the $400 sets.
What's the best option available now?
What do you want to do?
Stock truck: ZR5 flares
Wider look and less expensive: Modified Bushwacker extend-a-fender flares
Cut out flares: NOS Skidz flares , or cut out without flares.

What has not been tried for cut out flares? Ford F150 Bushwacker cut-out flares or cut out flares from another model.
Also Diversified creationsmakes a set. It may be possible to modify them to work.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

New to site. Need fender flares for 2002 zr5, I like the Skidz but can't find any. Does anyone know of replacement flares? :twisted: :roll:
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Check the classifieds, there have been a couple set of the skidz sets up for sale but I don't know if any are still available.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]