Best Tail Gate Lock???

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Best Tail Gate Lock???

Post by Rockrz »

Anybody know where to buy a good, heavy duty tailgate lock that will fit my 2003 extended cab?

I was wanting to get one that bolts in with the stock handle.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I'm not sure about a locking one but there was a discussion a while back about replacing the handle. You might find more info there.

Before you do anything, have you replaced your tailgate cables yet? I wouldn't want to have to get into that mess more than once if I could avoid it. I don't know how much changing the handle/lock will effect whether or not a GM dealer will replace the cables for you but I wouldn't want to take the chance.

*Edit:
Oh and I almost forgot... are you aware that there's a search link at the top of every page here?
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

I was looking for an aftermarket lock that you bolt in behind the OE handle. My handle is working fine.

I'd seen these before, but didn't know where to buy any that are high quality, heavy duty locks

I need to be able to lock my tailgate when I get my hard bed cover installed. You know, to keep the honest people out.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

I found some with a dual bolt in ( http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?partfamilyid=188 ) as opposed to the single bolt ins I've seen in other places that don't look as sturdy.

I'll probably go ahead and get this one, unless somebody knows of a more heavy duty product elsewhere.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Pop n' lock , same as linked above.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

Yep, this company seems to have two models of tailgate locks...one with just one bolt in, and another with two bolts.

I found several places online selling the single bolt, but was able to find the one with two. Or, at least the picture shows two.