This Turbo System?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Jim

This Turbo System?

Post by Jim »

Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Believe it or not, it could. Maybe not efficiently. Likely to have a huge lag, but some boost for sure. Not going to do well offroad , as I think most of that would be left on the first whoop.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: This Turbo System?

Post by roadrunner »

Jim wrote:Would this system actually work :shock:
Looks like another entry for the "red neck hall of fame" to me. All it needs to complete the appearance is a little baling wire. :roflmao:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
raven2510
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by raven2510 »

roadrunner wrote:
Looks like another entry for the "red neck hall of fame" to me. All it needs to complete the appearance is a little baling wire. :roflmao:
i totally agree. but its a proven concept. they call them rear mount turbo setups. they do have lag...but that one looks like a total hack job
Jim

Post by Jim »

roadrunner wrote:
Look at the pic close the baling wire is there but it failed to keep the pipe away from the driveshaft :lol:
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Omigawd!!! Good eye Jim. I missed it the first time I looked at it. Maybe the tears in my eyes from laughter. Maybe a proven design but still looks like c**p to me!
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I'll bet it is fun. Looks to me like it is mounted to a cut out. Flip a switch and pull a "Mad Max" on them. That thing must really bark when the turbo is engaged.

The hose is shop exhaust vent hose. It must have an aircleaner in the bed?

Sure it might need a little clean up. Maybe some new mandrel bend aluminum piping for the intake and a pipe for the exhaust, but you have to give credit that they got it done on a budget.
It all looks to be easily reversible. That is a plus.
I am not sure it quite qualifies as "Redneck" if you have to crawl underneath to see it. Most "Redneck mods" are pretty "in-your-face".

I like it. I think it could easily be made to look very professional with a little effort.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

It probably barks louder when the horn is honked...

A buddy of mine has a set of those mounted on his go-cart. :evil:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

HenryJ wrote:I am not sure it quite qualifies as "Redneck" if you have to crawl underneath to see it.
So, does that make it a "closet" redneck mod? :lol:
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Hey Kid, never ever press the red button
MEN in PLAID

I see that blower and horn setup lasting about 1 week in VT winter weather.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

roadrunner wrote:...does that make it a "closet" redneck mod? :lol:
Maybe so? I was out of the closet ages ago! :lol:
I think I "outed" myself with the "Radical Ranchero".

- ThunderII KE7CSK