Bravada t-case swap?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Gary H
Crew
Crew

Bravada t-case swap?

Post by Gary H »

Since I have decided not to off road my CC and also we have two vehicles that have AWD (and I really like it for bad weather) I was wondering how hard it would be to swap in an Olds Bravada t-case into my CC. Is it mostly bolt-in? I would have really liked to do the automatic 4wd that some of the other S-10 models have but I'm guessing that is a lot of work and expense.
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

You will nee the correct 'T' case, AWD front diff and the SmartTrak computer and wiring harness. I don't know if it interfaces with the BCM but it may. The system uses vehicle speed and output shaft speeds to direct the torque.
Bravadas have 3.73 ratio gears, hopefully your CC has that ratio in the rear.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

Thanks Jim. I do have 3.73s. Hmmm, I thought the Bravada case was just a simple AWD setup. I didn't realize it had any electronic controls to it. Sounds like it may be a little more complicated than I want to get into.
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
jedthrocornpone
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jedthrocornpone »

not trying to hi-jack your thread but anybody know where the Bravado 1 piece (ps) axle swap post is? I swear I read one and my search's are failing big time
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

jedthrocornpone wrote:not trying to hi-jack your thread...
That's Ok. I was kind of done with it. :lol:

As soon as I found out a computer and a bunch of wiring was involved, I round filed the idea. Not worth the effort to me.
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]