Instructions for roof rack install???

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Instructions for roof rack install???

Post by quickbiker »

Hey all! Anyone have instructions for installing a factory roof rack? The order was a fiasco, first got the rack without any hardware, then took weeks for them to send me hardware, and now I have no instructions. :roll: Instead of waiting for weeks again, I was wondering if anyone would have some instructions for installing it laying around that they can scan or maybe a link on the internet. I haven't found anything from google searches. Here is the rack I have.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Thank you sir! This one does help. I'm guessing I need to drill 1/2 holes? Can someone confirm this? I was kinda scratching my head with the rubber things. So I try to compress it a bit before I press it in to tighten? I think that is how I am reading that.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

quickbiker wrote:...I'm guessing I need to drill 1/2 holes? Can someone confirm this? I was kinda scratching my head with the rubber things. So I try to compress it a bit before I press it in to tighten? I think that is how I am reading that.
The rubber well nuts expand as you tighten them. Drill the hole so that they fit snugly. I do the same for nutserts. They should tighten up pretty easily. No prior compression needed. If you need something to keep them from spinning, perhaps a little superglue?

I use a little Permatex #2 on the nutserts to seal both the threads and insert. Just something to think about.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK