Which Shift Kit?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

BlackDime
Regular
Regular

Which Shift Kit?

Post by BlackDime »

B & M or Jet? Who has what and what are your thoughts/opinions on either? I would like to install one and just wondered what everybody thought.
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

SEARCH !!!
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Transgo. :wink:

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Horsehammerr wrote:SEARCH !!!
He might be asking for opinions on both since they have been out and on rigs for awhile now.

I've had my HPPIII for a couple of years now and in my case, I wouldn't recommend it very high up on the list of mods. My speedo is pretty much dead on running 33s on the stock setting. I never felt firmer shifts and who can afford anything above 87 octane now?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Transgo!
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
BlackDime
Regular
Regular

Post by BlackDime »

I WAS asking for opinions for both...I figured there had to be a few on trucks on the road now and wanted their opinions. I have thought about the HPPIII but didnt want to spend that much money, especially since my ZR5 is bone stock at this point. I was interested mainly in firmer shifts but not looking for extremely hard shifts. If anyone has the Transgo, which one do you have or would you reccomend? BTW my ZR5 has the 460LE trans.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BlackDime wrote:..........BTW my ZR5 has the 460LE trans.
All CC's share that tranny, not that it matters. :D

HenryJ likes the HPPIII and the prices are dropping significantly for a used unit. I have seen them at $100 and less lately. You just need to make sure it is the correct model for your year and that the settings need to be returned to stock by the seller. I've already given you all the input that I can. I'd like to go with the Corvette servos eventually myself.

Further reports will trickle in. People are on the road, on vacations and whatever. Exploring other S-10 forums may provide additional data.

HTH
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]