Wheels

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

PATRICKH
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Wheels

Post by PATRICKH »

Looking to put a new set of wheels on the CC. Was wondering if any one had any favorites. I was partial to American Racing Equipment (worked there for 5 yrs) but don't really like the selection they have.

Pics would be helpful if you have any.

Thanks
[size=75]"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"[/size]
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

I would love to have zr5 wheels myself...
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I really like my ZR5 rims. Every one asks where I got em :lol: Really nice for stock. I want to get the caps like Bruel has on his though..

I think the ZR5 rims would look sick powder coated black, but thats wayy to much cash,
raven2510
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by raven2510 »

im actually in the process of maybe getting the inside of the spokes on my zr5's coated black..
1999 Chevy S10 ZR2
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Arent the insides of the spokes already black (well charcoal?) :?:
PATRICKH
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by PATRICKH »

Yeah, I think we'd all like to have a set of th zr5 wheels. (those of us who don't)

Any other ideas ?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

What type of wheeling do you do? If, it is just street then Camaro and corvette wheels are doable.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

fallvitals wrote:I think the ZR5 rims would look sick powder coated black
I never thought of that! I was planning on buying black wheels - Cragar or Black Rock but I was told that the spacers I bought would not fit unless I used the stock ZR5 rims. (Thanks f9k9 :wink: )

Thanks for planting that seed in my head fallvitals!

By the way PATRICKH, like I said I was planning on getting Cragar or Black Rock. I personally want black wheels but the others are cool too.

These are the Cragars I was considering.
http://www.jegs.com/p/Cragar/Cragar-352 ... 2/10002/-1

Check out other Cragars and Black Rocks.
http://www.cragar.com/ProductSearch.aspx?c=15

http://www.blackrockwheels.com/index2.php?v=v1
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

14x4 wrote:
fallvitals wrote:I think the ZR5 rims would look sick powder coated black
I never thought of that! I was planning on buying black wheels - Cragar or Black Rock but I was told that the spacers I bought would not fit unless I used the stock ZR5 rims. (Thanks f9k9 :wink: )

Thanks for planting that seed in my head fallvitals!
lol, your welcome. If you do it, be sure to post pictures. I did a quick google search for an estimate to powder coat rims, I think a couple websites said $200, and I just decided, no! lol. wayyyy too much.

Theres a powder coat shop less then two miles from me, I think I might have to ask em what they would charge....
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

I also gave it a search on Google and it led me to a forum in which a guy said he paid $45 per wheel for powder coating. Another said $60 per wheel is common. :shock:

Now if thats the case, its not even a question whether or not I'm getting it done! However, I'm sure prices vary greatly between shops and locations - I'm going to call a few local coating shops tomorrow to get price quotes.

But you have to remember the plastic center wheel caps - what the heck should be done with those? :?:
Replaced with metal caps? Painted?
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Eh, maybe just paint em?

I want to get caps like brule has, I was actually browsing ebay tonight for some.

i saw these, im sure they would work? Im guessing anywways, they are aluminum, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-02-CH ... ccessories

If those would work, you could get em powder coated too.

I really think over $100 to get em all powder coated is way to much personally. So, i msure ill never get em done, lol. I mean, seriously, for the prices i saw, and you have, Might as well just buy new rims. :!:
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

fallvitals wrote:I mean, seriously, for the prices i saw, and you have, Might as well just buy new rims. :!:
But like I said, I already spent $170 on spacers (in the process of doing the Marvelous Mystery Lift) and they were intended for the stock wheels - not any wheels. So because I want black wheels, I personally would be better off getting my ZR5 alloys powder coated, than buying new wheels.

I'm still on the fence between returning my spacers and getting the wheels I really want, or keeping the spacers and powder coating my stocks. Its tough for me..
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Keep us updated!
PATRICKH
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by PATRICKH »

Yeah, saw several Cragars I liked. They will be mainly for street use, still driving the truck 300 miles a week to work.