This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

dualsport
Crew
Crew

front hitch ideas?

Post by dualsport »

hey guys. lookin for some input here...

i frequently haul a lot of weight and am going to give the cc a break and start pulling a trailer instead of over loading the MASSIVE bed we all suffer from :shock: but, i've got tight quarters up top of the driveway and thinking about pushing rather than pulling the trailer that final stretch.

here's what i'm after: any of you guys ever put a hitch on the front of the pickup? how'd you rig it up? does it make things easier to maneuver around? i'm open to suggestions... :idea:

thanks!
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

Don't have one on the CC (yet), but on my F-150. Basically it looks like they just used square tube to brace the frame (x2) and then put a square tube across those to the front bumper for the receiver.
dualsport
Crew
Crew

Post by dualsport »

ok brule... i found you out! :) i just saw a few pics of your front hitch on the mods page. care to pass on any ideas, eh?!?! how'd you go about doing it. just an fyi, i'll have the BL installed soon so it'll be a similiar app.)

...since you ARE the one responsible for talking me into trailering (i warned you it might bite you, but just a little sooner than expected!)

how's it handle? weird at first is my guess...
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

HJ did it, look on the mod page
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
dualsport
Crew
Crew

Post by dualsport »

paintballrocker wrote:HJ did it, look on the mod page
thanks- i just caught that...
WileyHunter wrote:Don't have one on the CC (yet), but on my F-150. Basically it looks like they just used square tube to brace the frame (x2) and then put a square tube across those to the front bumper for the receiver.
how's that handle when you're moving stuff around with your f150? i've got a 150' driveway that's fairly steep at first and i'll be pushing about 1800 lbs with plenty of snow for 6 months...

thx.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

I don't have one anymore but used to have one on the front of an 81 power wagon Dodge 4x4. Worked really well. Much easier to push something with good visibility than cranking your neck around and backing. Even used to push broken down pickups in for service and repairs by running front end ball to rear end ball. Just needed somebody to sit in the dead truck and steer.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

Works really well (I think), I've even used it to move aircraft around at the airport (up to Citation size). I prefer pushing rather than cranking the neck around or trying to "mirror" it, just another issue with getting older I guess. I used to be really good and really fast at backing trailers around. Now I have to stop and start, pull forward and what-not several times. :(