No Mystery Precision Lift Shackles

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

No Mystery Precision Lift Shackles

Post by Horsehammerr »

:lol: Put a pair of Daystar Shackles on today. They were 1.5" lift. Exactly 3" longer than stock resulting in precise 1.5" lift. I was amazed, they were a breeze to change over, and they are non-greaseable. I forgot what it felt like to be level instead of always headed up hill. 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

My situation is the opposite. I installed the Boise spring kit and still haven't adjusted my torsion bars. I'm always headed downhill. :roll:
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Do like I did, just crank them all the way to the stops and drive it over to a good front end man for alighnment. Mine had to be lowered 1/2" on the right to get it right, but all in all it sits 1 1/2" higher than it was stock. Actualy very easy to do, took about 10 minets. 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

Horsehammerr wrote:Actualy very easy to do, took about 10 minets. 8)
No kidding? Thats good news.

I just plan to do my torsion bar crank right before I go to get my new tires. Will they automatically align my wheels upon installation of the new tires? Or do I have to specify that?
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

You will need to specify you need an alignment. Not all shops have an alignment rack so you should check in advance of going and set up an appointment for the day you are getting the tires on. Tbar crank can be done easier if you lift the front with a jack but yes it's all of a 10 minute job.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

I did not jack mine up first. I just cranked my Tbars till they bottomed out and pulled back and forth hitting the brakes a couple of times and it lifted. Then down to the alignment shop . Done. :lol: 8) I would get the cranking and alighnment done before the new tires. Did you do the Skidz cuts on your front fenders? Or the 2" body lift ? :?:
Last edited by Horsehammerr on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I have a friend that tried doing like that too. He twisted off one side and stripped the other.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

Horsehammerr wrote:Did you do the Skidz cuts on your front fenders? Or the 2" body lift ? :?:
I did both.
rockinjranch
Regular
Regular

Re: No Mystery Precision Lift Shackles

Post by rockinjranch »

what is the part number for the daystar shackles?
DutchBiker42

Re: No Mystery Precision Lift Shackles

Post by DutchBiker42 »

Torsion Bar Crank "adjustment"= Constant maintenance, ball joint replacement annually and periodic axle replacement. But it does lift the front end. IMO, not worth it on any build.