Visor Swap / Visor Mirror Hinge Questions

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

LUVMY02CREW
Crew
Crew

Visor Swap / Visor Mirror Hinge Questions

Post by LUVMY02CREW »

Well, the hinge on the driver's side visor mirror finally broke like the passenger side :cry: I haven't unplugged them yet to keep the light off, so I just make sure the covers are properly positioned to turn off the mirror light when I finally put the truck in park and get out.

I understand from what Henryj says about the Bravada visors, that they would make a nice upgrade/mod....
Henryj wrote in another thread:
The bravadas got all the deluxe stuff. Double visors are just that. I have a small visor with extension that can be flipped to the side and one that will flip forward that has the lighted mirror. It also has an elastic band to hold cards or CDs. Both sides are the same set-up.
So, my questions are....

- Has anybody found a way to repair the hinge on the visor mirror cover?
- The Bravada double visor is just a straight plug and play swap correct?
- Will the colors pretty well match? Don't know what colors / variations there were between crews and Bravadas.
- Are the hinges on the Bravada visor mirror cover the same or a little better designed?
[size=75]ALWAYS pray for and expect the best, but be prepared for the worst! Life seems to operate a little smoother for me this way[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Visor Swap / Visor Mirror Hinge Questions

Post by HenryJ »

LUVMY02CREW wrote: - The Bravada double visor is just a straight plug and play swap correct?
- Will the colors pretty well match? Don't know what colors / variations there were between crews and Bravadas.
- Are the hinges on the Bravada visor mirror cover the same or a little better designed?
Yes they are plug.n.play. Mine were an exact match on the color the hinge is the same as far as I can recall, however the Bravada hinges have outlasted the stock by quite a few years now.
Both sides are lit on the Bradvada. I don't think that was the case stock?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
LUVMY02CREW
Crew
Crew

Post by LUVMY02CREW »

HenryJ wrote:Yes they are plug.n.play. Mine were an exact match on the color the hinge is the same as far as I can recall, however the Bravada hinges have outlasted the stock by quite a few years now.
Both sides are lit on the Bradvada. I don't think that was the case stock?
10.4 on the plug-n-play and the color match. And yes, both sides of my '02 were lit.

I just got back inside from working on my visors. I went ahead and unplugged the power to the visors since both sides have the hinges broken on the mirror cover. Not a big deal at all, I made sure to tape the connectors together so I will be able to pull them back out at a later time when needed.

I am still hoping I can come up with some way to repair the covers, if at all possible. But..... upgrading to the Bravada double visor seems like a really good thing to look into.....internet search-here I come :lol:
[size=75]ALWAYS pray for and expect the best, but be prepared for the worst! Life seems to operate a little smoother for me this way[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Let me know if you come up empty. The local yard here has three Bravadas. I have not looked to see if any have good visors.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
SleeperSS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SleeperSS »

HenryJ wrote:Let me know if you come up empty. The local yard here has three Bravadas. I have not looked to see if any have good visors.
The fancy mirrors could be had in any of the S-series...just depended on the options. My '9 SS has them as well as the wifes Blazer 2. She managed to break both mirror covers on hers so I replaced them with visors/mirrors from a '98 Jimmy.... $10 for the set plus a self dimming rearview mirror. Don't limit yourself to Bravadas only.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

SleeperSS wrote:...Don't limit yourself to Bravadas only.
Oh, believe me I don't. Bravadas are easy though. They always had the deluxe package. The others depended upon the option package.
Let me know if you come up empty. I have no plans to go looking right now, but I will if there is a need. I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of them, like I have overhead consoles :)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
SleeperSS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SleeperSS »

HenryJ wrote:[quote="SleeperSS I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of them, like I have overhead consoles :)

:mrgreen: You sound like me...I have 2 fully loaded OHC's that still haven't found a home, and a Auto floor shift console, and an oem AC/Delco fuelpump...I gotta quit buying this stuff...
s10 again
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by s10 again »

What did we do all go out and get OHC's. I snagged one off ebay because it came with homelink and trip computer. I still need a wiring harness for the trip computer but installed other console and homelink. So now I still have my old console. It might find a new home in my heep XJ.

Chris.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If you haven't used it in a year sell it. Now if I could follow that advice. I really need to unload that garage this spring. Who needs two spare blowers for a car that has not seen the racetrack in a decade? :wave:

- ThunderII KE7CSK