K&N with a bodylift

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

K&N with a bodylift

Post by Jongo88 »

I have been looking and looking and just can't find the anwser..
I have a K&N cold are intake that I picked up. It says it will not work with a body lift.
Is anyone running the K&N with a bodylift?
If you are what did you have to do to make it work?
Thanks
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: K&N with a bodylift

Post by HenryJ »

I added a throttle body spacer to better line things up. Eventually I dumped the FIPK turtle and put the stock one back on. I just use the heat shield and from the MAFS down to the filter.

The third time I found my intake off at the adapter was too much for me. There is just no give in the FIPK intake. Any flex or movement and something must give. The stock intake has an accordion section to absorb this movement.

I have had no problems since going back to the stock turtle. My suggestion would be to retain it and just use the lower half of the FIPK.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Using the factory intake hat will also help prevent breaking the fuse box bracket stud. K&N should have designed some sort of flex tubing into the design of their FIPK.

Steve
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Thanks guys. I found this too. http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/ ... ck4327.jpg
What do you think about this??
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Looks like it would still have a flexibility problem to me. Our engines torque back and forth quite a bit more than people realize under power in forward and reverse. Keep in mind the higher the "hat" on the throttle body the more exaggerated the movement of the engine will be.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.