Skid Plates

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

LakeCable4x4
Regular
Regular

Skid Plates

Post by LakeCable4x4 »

I know i need to use the search option but there are some plates available on craigslist off of a 94 S10 will these work with a 2002?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Skid Plates

Post by HenryJ »

Maybe the engine shield. You are best to look for 1998 or newer without the ZR2 package.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

It will take ya a while to find a whole set. but 98+ is what you are looking for. ZR2 front plates will not fit.

I had to order a new front skid from gmpartsdirect, I think it was $120... I couldn't find a used one that wasn't a zr2. I started with two composite skids (engine and transfer) and slowly found aluminums. Ebay has em every so often, id say once or twice a month if lucky. I did snag a aluminum engine skid off ebay for $25 shipped. There was a aluminum transfer skid too that ended for $20 shipped. I already had that one, but would love to have bought it any ways if i wasnt so hard for money at that moment.

But I did see some pre 98 aluminum engine skid plates on ebay a few days ago for a good price. IIRC the only differance is they had a cut out for oil filter access, the 98+ skids do not have this cut out. Which doesn't matter, our filters are up front.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Actually that square hole in the engine shield is for the oil drain plug which was on the side of the steel pans. Ours is on the rear of the aluminum pan. Notched to the rear they will work.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

:bow:

:lol: