This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

BlackDime
Regular
Regular

FTO 2" reciever install on stocker crew

Post by BlackDime »

hey guys,

It has been forever since I have been able to get on the forum (60+ hrs a week 7 days since April) but anyways, my '03 ZR5 is in need of some TLC. At the beginning of this year when I bought my tune up parts a buddy of mine was able to hook me up with a "junk yard" hitch for my truck. Other than the fact that I still have to paint it, I want to have it on for this winter. I have personally never had to install a hitch before and am looking for some advice if you will. I need to know what hardware to use mainly because I know the bumper has to come off. I don't think I should have to add any holes to the frame but am not 100 percent sure yet. I have had the factory plug in harness from Advance Auto Parts for the last year and still haven't even made sure it is the right one but am pretty sure it is. Any ways as y'all know any help/pics/advice is always greatly appreciated!

thanks,

scott
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: FTO 2" reciever install on stocker crew

Post by border man »

You'll need to buy grade 8 hardware (bolts, nuts and washers) at your local ACE/HD/Lowe's. The holes are already on the frame.

click here for install intructions

click on the PDF
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]