Crew Cab Flatbed???

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

dualsport
Crew
Crew

Crew Cab Flatbed???

Post by dualsport »

OK guys, I'm pretty sure the question has been asked before, but just HOW BAD of an idea might a flatbed be with these crew cab pickups? My bed is banged up on both sides pretty good (bought it as a reconstruct title) and instead of trying to bang out dents and risk a heavy application of bondo up here in Fairbanks (-40 might be a bad idea for any long-term relationship of bed and bondo?!) I thought I might just lengthen the bed a foot and make a flatbed with ladder rack out of it. I've seen the Pirate 4x4 flatbed thread, but those guys are off roadin those rigs, I'm looking at building another house next year and if I've still got the crew, I'd like to make it a bit more lumber worthy...

Ideas?
Comments?
Suggestions?

Pictures?!?!

Thanks...
2001 Sonoma CC, TB crank, 2" shackles, 2" BL, Helper Springs, 1.25/2.5 Spacers, 31" BFG ATs, Quadbeams, messed up 4wd switch :) miscellaneous squeaks and pings...
saab9k
Crew
Crew

Re: Crew Cab Flatbed???

Post by saab9k »

My dodge 1 ton was burned i back included the cab on left side, made that into single in rear with flat bed.

Made the bed of metal i found in shop, had to buy floor plate.

Was a long bed truck, shorted frame, moved hitch forward 32 ".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by saab9k on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Might be a worthy project. You aren't looking to trail ride it and the fuel tank is nicely tucked out of the way.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
dualsport
Crew
Crew

Post by dualsport »

ya- "gas tank tucked out of the way..."

with an easy-access lid right above the fuel pump too :)
2001 Sonoma CC, TB crank, 2" shackles, 2" BL, Helper Springs, 1.25/2.5 Spacers, 31" BFG ATs, Quadbeams, messed up 4wd switch :) miscellaneous squeaks and pings...