This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

So fine ZR5
Regular
Regular

After Market Air Intake System

Post by So fine ZR5 »

Hello to all of my S-10 C.C.
I asking for a little help here on putting an After market air intake system on my S-10 I contacted on ebay and I bought a Air Intake system and it was for Carb. 4.3 which I clearly don't have so I called them up and told them what they sent was incorrect so they said they could fix me up and sent another one which I to this day don't know what the heck that one is for?! :?: So I am in the hunt for a new Air Intake system for my 4.3 C.C. and really don't want to spend a whole bunch on it. Can anyone help me out with this?! :roll:
thanks
Karl
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: After Market Air Intake System

Post by nebby58 »

Autoanything. Spectre cold air intake. You won't believe how much more power you feel in acceleration. Type in LOYALTY in the promo box before purchasing. Link: http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes ... 00132.aspx You might spend under $100 on one and it is pretty easy to install. There is a youtube video for our specific engine. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kfjo2d-reg LOYALTY gives you a 15% discount on every purchase. It took me 6 to 7 hours to install, but it will probably take a lot less for you. Try a smaller filter on the end so it fits better. You can pick them up for less than $20 at O'reilly auto parts. Good luck!
"It says the install time is only a half an hour"-me
"Better add three more on top of that"-family
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I have the Spectre CAI on my ZR2 and like it better than the K&N CAI that I had on my CC. I paid about $120 for mine at Pep Boys, but I know you can get one for less if you look around. The Spectre TB intake hat and heat shield are much nicer than the K&N versions. The filter is a bit big, but it does fit. I like the K&N filter better, but that's about it. Eeven if you bought a separate K&N filter to use with the Spectre CAI, you would still only spend half of what a new K&N CAI costs!

The least expensive option is a modified factory air box combined with a drop in filter like a K&N. This setup provides very good results and should cost less than $60.

Steve
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

+1 This is a case of expensive doesn't mean better. It also dresses up your engine with the big chrome tube if you are interested in that at all. And a sticker of authentication. Kinda cheesy but whatever :?
"It says the install time is only a half an hour"-me
"Better add three more on top of that"-family