DIY bed liners

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

bbgot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DIY bed liners

Post by bbgot »

I removed the factory plastic bed liner in my CC today so I can put in a roll-on type liner this weekend. My choices are the Duplicolor Bed-Armor liner and Herculiner.

Anyone have any experience with the Bed-Armor? I'm kinda drawn toward it because it's water-based. I've done two of my trucks and a JD Gator with Herculiner in the past and they have all held up great, but I'm not a big fan of the strong fumes while applying and how rough the finish is.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: DIY bed liners

Post by F9K9 »

The Monsta-liner (SP?) is getting some decent reviews.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Raptor Liner kits are getting a thumbs up from locals around here.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
alsliner

Post by alsliner »

Hey guys,

Wanted to offer up an option, check out Al's Liner www.alsliner.com.

Dana
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Welcome, thanks for the link.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

alsliner wrote:Hey guys,

Wanted to offer up an option, check out Al's Liner http://www.alsliner.com.

Dana
Welcome to the forum. I assume you have already checked out the off-road forums but, if you haven't........you should.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
AMBULLDOG2002
Regular
Regular

Post by AMBULLDOG2002 »

I just bought the Monsta liner kit, I had a chance to see some finished samples and it was very good looking and the finish was no where near as rough as others, that is why I chose it. I will be doing my truck in the sping, going to do the body line down and over my fenders and bumpers.
I believe I got the 1 gallon kit for around $120 on ebay.
pro65goat

Post by pro65goat »

The main thing is to make sure you prep it correctly. It needs a rough surface in order to stay in place and not lift and come loose. I do spray in bedliners from Scorpion and the main thing they stress is preparation. It has to be rough and it has to be clean. Just an FYI..
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Post pics when your done. I would like to see what one of these looks like with the body line/fenders done.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

I put the hercu-liner in the bed of my 95 and on my rockers and wasn't impressed at all. Did a good job prepping and coating, but the protection just isn't there. Peels easy due to being so thin and if you have just heavy objects back there. I put my money where it was well deserved when I got my CC, into a rhino spray on liner. Best money I spent since I plan to keep this truck til it dies and it's only at 71k. Between all the time you have into cleaning and prep correctly on top of the $120 kit, it was worth spending the $375 to have it done professionally and with a warranty. That's just my $.02 though.