What do you guys think about this roof basket?

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

AMBULLDOG2002
Regular
Regular

What do you guys think about this roof basket?

Post by AMBULLDOG2002 »

I ran across this at discountramps.com while looking for a roof basket to mount my PIAA lights and give me some room during the hunting season for gear. I just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with DR or Rage Motorsports, this basket or any others? What do you guys think of this one, I think it will look sharp with my tube bumpers and sliders.
Something is wrong it will not let me upload a picture today but here is a link:http://www.discountramps.com/roof-cargo-basket.htm
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: What do you guys think about this roof basket?

Post by riceburnr2005 »

looks good to me, will it fit?
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

It does look good but, what is your ultimate goal for the basket?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Good question.

I like the basket. It does not have provisions for lights to mount, but the front deflector bar bolts in. With that removed light brackets could be fabbed for a low profile mounting. I like that. I am pretty sure it would not work for mounting my awning though.
My Coleman basket has been working great. Not bad at all for $75. Safari rack / basket

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AMBULLDOG2002
Regular
Regular

Post by AMBULLDOG2002 »

The basket arrived yesterday, I love it. I was very happy with the strength and quality of the basket rught out of the box. I did come in 2 pieces also and the front wind deflector is an addon option that i did nt get. The rack looks tough and I really like the round tube and bends it has, its not just like a basic box shaped basket. I am going to get some different lights that have about a 3.5 diameter instead of my 510's . I would like to mount them low enough that anything laying flat accross the basket will not hit the lights.
A little pricey but very good quality so far and looks sharp, i would deff recommend it. I wil post some pictures tonight. It fits perfect on the stock rack.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Anxious to see pics!

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AMBULLDOG2002
Regular
Regular

Post by AMBULLDOG2002 »

Here are the pictures as promised. what does everyone think?
rack1.jpg
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
get-attachment.aspx2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Looks good 8) Ties in well with the rear bumper too.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]