Slys 95 CC Dimarado

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Slys95Dimarado
Regular
Regular

Slys 95 CC Dimarado

Post by Slys95Dimarado »

Hey everyone! I just wanted to show what 6 months of building got me up to. This is my 95 sonoma I call the "Dimarado"

Slys95Dimarado
Regular
Regular

Re: Slys 95 CC Dimarado

Post by Slys95Dimarado »

I'm still under construction with all of this so hopefully I'll be done in the next month. I've been in mock-up mode for 6 months, and this is how far I've gotten with a build from scratch. I'm still in awe with interior cluster setup buying gauges to make everything work and look stock at the same time. Let me know what ya think?

Note: Bed is not fully bolted down just setup on the frame for right now.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Looks pretty nice. What suspension will you run? Are you going to have HVAC? Wipers?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Slys95Dimarado
Regular
Regular

Post by Slys95Dimarado »

HenryJ wrote:Looks pretty nice. What suspension will you run? Are you going to have HVAC? Wipers?

INSTALLED:
FRONT: RE-7 Slam Specialities on Suicidedoors.com Tubular uppers/Lowers with Power Performance Ball Joints. DJM 2" Drop Spindles with Relocated shocks (Nissan hardbody shocks)

REAR: Custom boxed chassis with 2 1/2" ports for full FBSS with RE-6 (Soon RE-7)Slam specialities bag on lower bars 3-LINK (Keepin it simple). All fits under a 6" lifted stock bedfloor.

As for HVAC, I'm curious if I could do a setup thats under the 98+ dash behind the glovebox thats off of a Fullsize, or could I get away running something off a compact vehicle. Any suggestions would not hurt. Its almost coming to the point thats whats left to do on this thing..other then drive it for the first time. :-)

WIPERS? LOL Yeah, i'm still going to go to a pick-n-pull and pray that I find a stock wiper cowl that doesnt have cracks, and has all 3 pieces which is about rare these days. I'm planning to run stock but the passenger bracket will be done with a smaller pivoting bar.
Slys95Dimarado
Regular
Regular

Post by Slys95Dimarado »

Couple more photos to check out when you got time..:)
Here's the Rear suspension gives you a better idea where everything is mounted. The frame rails from the back cabwall back is all air tank.

Go idea of the front suspension I got done with about 2 months ago, I'm excited to see what it feels like rolling with all this suspension brand new like it is. Note: 22's do clear and can still turn.

And my lovely front seat of my interior. I'm using cardboard for nowing matching gauges where I would possibly want them. Its going to be all in the stock locations just gauges are whats changing, and a couple extra switches for things here and there. Yes, my column used to be shifter there, but found a Bravada setup with woodgrain and now my TURBO 400 is shifted on the floor with stock components. :)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Slys95Dimarado wrote:As for HVAC, I'm curious if I could do a setup thats under the 98+ dash behind the glovebox thats off of a Fullsize, or could I get away running something off a compact vehicle. Any suggestions would not hurt.
I've done Vintage Air systems on a '61 vette and a '39 tudor. Not a bad way to go , but you'll never make ice cream. I'm sure there are plenty more aftermarket HVAC out there now.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Slys95Dimarado
Regular
Regular

Post by Slys95Dimarado »

HenryJ wrote:
Slys95Dimarado wrote:As for HVAC, I'm curious if I could do a setup thats under the 98+ dash behind the glovebox thats off of a Fullsize, or could I get away running something off a compact vehicle. Any suggestions would not hurt.
I've done Vintage Air systems on a '61 vette and a '39 tudor. Not a bad way to go , but you'll never make ice cream. I'm sure there are plenty more aftermarket HVAC out there now.
Hell, I like to drive windows all the way down. Ice cream we can just eat instead! LOL do you have website where you got your whole setup pretty much, about how much did it cost you after awhile? I've got to mock up 2 bracket still, one for the Sanden AC unit, and another is Sanden 709 (7-pistons) converted over to run HD-30 weight oil with about 4 traps to filter out air/oil mixture in cycles to get clean before tank. :)
Websites for the vintage air would be good. I'd like to spend the money right and not wrong, I know it needs to go on a 5.7L 350. :) V belt style.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Slys95Dimarado
Regular
Regular

Post by Slys95Dimarado »

12/19/2011 Currently the truck does not start. Cold weather outside, but I think its more then that. I've been told I need to run a new in-line fuel pump, a regulator, and a return line in order to get the motor to start? Has anyone heard of anything like this? If so, is there some kind of diagram or advice on what to run a GM 5.7L 350 w/ Mild cam? I'm not trying to do anything crazy. Just something very simple and get the truck to run and drive under its own power.
Slys95Dimarado
Regular
Regular

Post by Slys95Dimarado »

Happy New Year 2012!
01/02/12 - The truck is currently running! A friend brought over a used radiator that keeps the motor at 160 degrees. I'm really impressed! I've notched my front frame horns to clear the huge radiator under the GMC sonoma "STOCK" hood. Everything is coming together. Hopefully will have time to fill in the rest of the cabwall modication,and floor modifcation (5/6-spd option, clutch fabbed and installed).

Last of the List:
-Exterior lighting,HID, LED turn bulbs,LED tail lights
-Interior; lower pillar, DSP lower sill, backwall plastic
-rollpan, new tailgate outter skin
Slys95Dimarado
Regular
Regular

Post by Slys95Dimarado »

01/12/12 -Got a little under a inch of snowfall last night! I was rushing to get some work done on the dimarado. HID lights do work (headlights/fog lights 8000k), and I'm still in process of figuring out LED tails and front turn signals. But heres a few shots to show off the different ride heights and clearance of the 22s.

Here's that stock interior cluster Ive gone ahead and reworked, Tank pressure is on it too!

This monster edition to keep that crate motor cool. I'll be reworking the metal on the core support to still make it all look stock again but smooth.

jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

sweeeeet
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
deezmnutz

Post by deezmnutz »

Anything new on this?
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

I'd like to see what all you have done to the frame, how tall are the tires ( not the sidewall size, but the overall height of them), and your air setup. It looks good. Was the link suspension a kit or did you make it?

Edit: I see the rear axle has disks, what is it out of? And why the v belt system on the motor, i prefer the serpentine system. I don't know about the cars, but on the old square body Chevy trucks, 86 was carb and vbelts, 87 was Tbi and vbelts, and 88+ is Tbi with serpentine belt

Edit 2: what is going on with the rear wheel wells? A picture would help
sonomaguy

Post by sonomaguy »

Looks good, anxious to see the finish with a vid.