crew cab 2wd build

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

dill68

crew cab 2wd build

Post by dill68 »

last week i started on a crew cab 2wd build. also adding a 6ft bed.going to run an ls1 6sp. an helpful hints would be welcomed.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: crew cab 2wd build

Post by killian96ss »

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you have a lot of work to do. Are you using the 4wd crew cab frame or a 2wd extended cab frame? You will need the PCM and wiring harness that goes with the engine/trans combo, motor mount relocation brackets, electric fan/s, custom made crossmember for the T56, custom made driveshaft, T56 clutch slave cylinder, custom made pedals that will fit an S10 CC or the pedal setup from a manual S10 might work, custom made exhaust system and intake system, etc. If you really want a 2wd CC, I would use a 2wd frame. Not only will it ride better because of the coil springs, but it will be easier to route things like the exhaust pipes, and you should have more room for the oil pan, although you may still need a conversion/swap pan to fit correctly without notching the frame. Lots to think about!

Steve
dill68

Post by dill68 »

i am using a 2wd extended cab frame and also another regular cab frame so that i only have one weld seem from the frame extension. in the last 4 days i have to disassemble 3 s10. i am in the process of cutting the frame today.
saab9k
Crew
Crew

Post by saab9k »

Have fun.
sonomaguy

Post by sonomaguy »

Have any pictures of the truck? I would love to do one also. If you use a reg cab long box they are exactly the same length and there is no frame cutting.
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

sonomaguy wrote:Have any pictures of the truck? I would love to do one also. If you use a reg cab long box they are exactly the same length and there is no frame cutting.
Are you saying a regular cab longbed frame will take a Crew Cab with a regular six foot bed ? :blink:
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
sonomaguy

Post by sonomaguy »

Ya, disregard my last statement. I did some more research and realized my errors. Using an ex cab frame and a reg cab frame or 2 ex cab frames would be better. Or build your own frame.