front bumper/cover

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

urimashe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

front bumper/cover

Post by urimashe »

its bin awhile since i posted, i had lost my job and have bin having some problems but the future is looking bright, so bright im planing ahead again.

so during the ice and snow melt we had here in alaska, the dip in our parking lot became a ice puddle with a ledge of ice, while driving over the ledge it broke and slamed the plastic cover in to the ground, cracking it. i gave my landlord the info on what happend and that he should call me so i can get him to replace it since it was his fault for not taking care of the parking lot. being a new resident to the appartments i didnt know the dip was there and it dosent help that he didnt plow the parking lot.

anyways sorry about that rant it still bugs me. So im looking for a new bumper cover, probly aftermarket and i had a few questions.

i want to keep my truck a truck and not too street looking, so my first question is. do most of the aftermarket bumpercovers fit right on to the stock oem bumper? most the webistes dont tell you.

second question is. what is all your oppinions on the bumper covers? what ones you think look good alone? and which ones do you think require side skirts?

i want to get a cover in the end that goes on nice with rock sliders or nerf bar side steps. your oppinions are most welcome.
urimashe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: front bumper/cover

Post by urimashe »

anyone?
urimashe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by urimashe »

bump
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

LMC Truck is a good place to buy S10 parts. I've been ordering parts from them for years now with no complaints. Check out there S10 catalog. Lots of cool stuff plus they have several bumpers you can compare. I still like how the factory front bumper looks when you trim off the sides and lower portion. I think a2b was the first one who did this mod. I'm sure there's a picture of his truck somewhere around here?

Steve
northsnoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by northsnoma »

I still like how the factory front bumper looks when you trim off the sides and lower portion. I think a2b was the first one who did this mod. I'm sure there's a picture of his truck somewhere around here?

I'd like to see this :?:
2002 Sonoma Crew
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Maybe I shouldn't call it a mod, but it did look cool. I think he trimmed the plastic for more clearance since he used to wheel his truck much harder than any of us, but most likely he broke one side off then trimmed the other to match. :rock:

Steve
northsnoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by northsnoma »

:lol: Haha I see, so he had a little head start on coming up with the 'mod'
2002 Sonoma Crew
urimashe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by urimashe »

the plan is to hopfully when i get the money to get my truck to look a bit street, but not taking away its function as a truck and ability to go out and run some trails.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

If you want to know what fits and does not fit your truck, call LMC. The people over there KNOW S10 parts. When I needed stuff for my buddys rotting old 87 pickup and I did not see it in the catalog I called them and they knew exactly what I was talking about and sent me the correct bolts washers and nuts to complete the job.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ