Front Bench in the crew

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

curtisb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Front Bench in the crew

Post by curtisb »

I want to put a front bench in to replace my buckets and center console. I'm thinking the seat out of an extended or standard cab S10 or a Colorado crew (I've seen allot of their crews have front benches). The main features I'll be looking for are the fold down arm rest/console and a a separation between driver and passenger for adjustments (like a 60/40 or 40/20/40 split). I'm hoping to find something that fits the bill at a local junk yard. I might even look at some SUV rear seats, but I don't think those would be comfortable enough.

Has anyone done this mod before? I think it'll be cool to have to option for 6 passengers, even though that'll be a tight squeeze :roflmao:. Mostly I'm looking forward to having my lady sitting next to me like my old truck :wink:, the center console is hurtin' my game 8)

This is what I have in mind
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Front Bench in the crew

Post by roadrunner »

While I did it for a different reason, take the console out. It would be easy to put some "fanny padding" where the console was.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
curtisb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by curtisb »

Thanks roadrunner, i hadn't thought of that at all. I'll have to keep my eye out foot a middle seat. It'd have to be a small armrest/center console style one but it'd fit the bill. :idea:
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

the 60/40 split bench is a direct bolt-in, as long as you get it from another s-series.
dont forget the additional seatbelt.
the seat is in pretty much every ext cab, some std cabs & a rare option in the blazer & jimmys.
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.
curtisb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by curtisb »

Ya, I've been seeing that the 60/40 is common in extended cabs as I have been peeking through windows in the parking lots. I'm going to have a harder time finding a black one in really nice condition, with my truck only being 65,000 miles old the interior is in good shape.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=J3i7EFYk ... 3i7EFYk-_c

That's my first thought....

However, I thoroughly enjoy my heated power leather seats that I recently pulled out of a 99 olds bravada. The 60/40 bench that was in the ~01 extended cab my dad had wasn't too bad.
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

the only problem that you will run into is the hole in the carpet from the center console.
my thought on correcting this when i do mine is to get a carpet from a reg or ext cab truck & cut it under the seats along the b-pillar.
so it would be like older cars with a 2 piece carpet.
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.