ECU Tuning

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

ECU Tuning

Postby paintballrocker » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:55 am

How many of you retuned/reflashed you ECU after putting on 33's. My truck seems to "search" for a gear while on the hihgway.
2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:15 pm
Location: RAF Lakenheath, UK

Re: ECU Tuning

Postby HenryJ » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:46 am

Most used a programmer to correct the speedometer. Adjusting the shift point helped mine too. I know that it is only designed for WOT, but I did have success.

The Corvette servo, billet fourth and longer pin are another thing that I and a couple others did.

I also added a switch to unlock the converter. That would bump the RPM a few hundred on a long hill.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
User avatar
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite
 
Posts: 12691
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Oregon

Re: ECU Tuning

Postby _STUCKY » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:32 am

HenryJ wrote:I also added a switch to unlock the converter. That would bump the RPM a few hundred on a long hill.


Would that be doable with the blazer tail gate switch? :idea:
User avatar
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:07 pm
Location: Central IL

Re: ECU Tuning

Postby HenryJ » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:05 am

_STUCKY wrote:
HenryJ wrote:I also added a switch to unlock the converter. That would bump the RPM a few hundred on a long hill.


Would that be doable with the blazer tail gate switch? :idea:
Yes, however to keep things short and simple I put it in the knee bolster. That is closest to the switch and wire to be tapped.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
User avatar
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite
 
Posts: 12691
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Oregon

Re: ECU Tuning

Postby paintballrocker » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:57 pm

HenryJ wrote:Most used a programmer to correct the speedometer. Adjusting the shift point helped mine too. I know that it is only designed for WOT, but I did have success.

The Corvette servo, billet fourth and longer pin are another thing that I and a couple others did.

I also added a switch to unlock the converter. That would bump the RPM a few hundred on a long hill.


Is there a write up on re for tat converter mod?
2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:15 pm
Location: RAF Lakenheath, UK

Re: ECU Tuning

Postby HenryJ » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:47 pm

There is a thread. Torque Converter Control

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
User avatar
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite
 
Posts: 12691
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:14 pm
Location: Ontario, Oregon


Return to Crew Cab Modifications



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest