True Bolt-on CatBack Exhaust

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

True Bolt-on CatBack Exhaust

Post by Cajun »

I need to replace my custom 3" cat-back Flowmaster 40 exhaust system on a strained budget. Does anyone know of a true (two bolt cat flange to the tail pipe) bolt-on cat-back system for our crew cabs? I looked at Summit on line and did a live chat and the only thing that they have is the SUM-680031 system that bolt onto the stock exhaust pipe that I no longer have.
[size=75]03 ZR5 Crew Cab[/size]
Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: True Bolt-on CatBack Exhaust

Post by Cajun »

Has anyone tried this Gibson Swept Side Exhaust Systems 14433? Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gib-1 ... /year/2003
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Due to incompetent local shops who cant seem to understand mandrel bending and 3 inch pipe my 3 inch maganflow muffler I bought is getting welded to the cat with one straight pipe, and then an angle pipe out the side at the cab corner before the wheel. I was going to mess with these bolt on things but nobody can really tell me that it will 100% fit a crew cab. It seems in some aspects like this these trucks are forgotten about. Custom may be the way to go, and may be cheaper if you are ok with shortening the pipes like I did.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Cajun »

No guarantee that it will fit has been my experience with customer service and bolt-on systems so far. Custom is what I have now. Got it on the truck in NC for around $200 with a Flowmaster 40 series muffler. Living in God forsaken Boston now, its a job thing, and no one is interested in doing anything but stock. That's why i'm looking for the bolt-on
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Magnaflow carries bolt on. I currently have both of their bolt on kits for the crew, the manifold back including the converter, as well as from the converter back. They're both nice kits, only gripe was for the price it should've included the gasket between the converter and muffler assemblies, that I needed to buy stainless bolts to connect the 2 together.