looking for tow haul button

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

paperboy326

looking for tow haul button

Post by paperboy326 »

This has been the only place that I can find the small dash mount tow/haul button being talked about. I would like to get my hands on one of those buttons. Were doing a LS swap into a CJ7 and want to use a tow haul button for momentary switch just to send ground signal to the computer. And idea a part number or where to find one? Thanks.

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: looking for tow haul button

Post by HenryJ »

Mine came out of a Bravada probably 1999-2004? :)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
paperboy326

Post by paperboy326 »

Thanks!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

In case you did not see it: Tow/Haul mod page

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Will just any momentary switch work? If so, just google momentary switch. I found some from 12voltguy.com with a pigtail for like 6$ or I think the same button without a pig tail for I think 1$ form partsexpress.com
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Pretty sure he is looking for the factory look with the markings :)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
booth9c1ss
Regular
Regular

Post by booth9c1ss »

So I'm revisiting this years later (I'm StevenTruck). I recently got a GMC Sonoma Highrider and I'd love to install this option. For a switch, I just used the column shift lever from a 02 full size truck (plug-n-play). I tried one from a AstroVan and that one actually matches better, but you will have to grind the flat key-way to get it to fit. Conveniently, this is also a good way/time to replace that torn rubber boot that most of us have.

Anyways, My truck doesn't have that nice 7-way plug at the front of the floor console. I am willing to plug my wire into the BCM, but I can't find anything about where it plugs in (I know where the BCM is, I just don't know which connector/pin), and that wasn't in the writeup that was done. Could one of you trace back your light blue wire and tell me where it goes into the BCM? Thanks.

Steve
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Looks like C1 of the BCM location B12.

LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Once you install the BCM out of the donor blazer you will need to do a theft deterrent relearn with the key cycle operation to get the vehicle started again. Even after that, you will have an airbag light on with a B1001 mismatch code set by the BCM or SDM, I can't remember which. You will have to take it to the dealer to have the theft deterrent relearned with TIS2Web application the dealer uses. The process takes only takes roughly 10 minutes. Will take the guys longer to gather the tech2 passthrough cords and hook it up to the computer more than likely. Shouldn't be charged more than 1/2 hour labor realistically. What the theft deterrent relearn does in the background when relearning the BCM, it also sends the BCM VIN number to the SDM so the mismatch will go away.