04 crew cab s10 winch install???

This is the place for all those mods

Moderator: F9K9

Beastcabs10

04 crew cab s10 winch install???

Post by Beastcabs10 »

Ok so I have a 04 crew cab s10 and I am currently installing a 6 in lift and popping on some 33s. I want to put a winch on the front but I don't want to put a hitch receiver on the front and I don't want a full on steel bumper. I would like to have a bull bar with a winch mount on it but I'm not really sure what fits my truck and what the best way to do it is? It doest have to be a bull bar, any suggestions will help. Thanks!
southernzr5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: 04 crew cab s10 winch install???

Post by southernzr5 »

Have you seen the hidden winch mount? It mounts behind your bumper. Outfitterdesign.com sells them, not sure of anyone else. As soon as I have some extra money one of these days I plan on doing that to mine. Post some pics of your lift installed once it's complete!
Beastcabs10

Post by Beastcabs10 »

Thanks man i'Lloyd take a look at that mouting plate. I did see that justwasnt sure if it was a good option, but i will definately take a coser look. I will post some picts when I'm done! Thanks!
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

I've got that mount. I like that it tucks the winch up out of site. Seems heavy enough, I haven't had any trouble with it.

The upper middle bumper brackets need trimmed for the width off the winch.
In my case, I took the winch apart to rotate the handle down, then notched the bumper so I can get my hand in.
I had to lose the front skid plate and some plastic stuff behind the grill.
I now have a synthetic rope with hawse fairlead, and I like that better than the cable and rollers.

Can see here the notch for the handle, also had to notch it for the bracket for the leaf springs.

Solenoid is behind the grill. I suggest taking it apart and rtving it to keep water out.

And sometimes.... it gets used :evil:

:wave:

Click the pics to see the whole thing, they are oversized.
southernzr5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by southernzr5 »

that setup looks awesome! How would this work with a 2" body lift?
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

It would work fine with a body lift.
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

Have you seen the 4wd factory hidden winch mount? It's half the price of the synergy and has shackle mounts also.