done deal. its gone.

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

done deal. its gone.

Post by a2b »

hmmmm...how do i put this.
my s-10 is history :oops:
i feel bad since i started this site and got everyone all together. its been a week or so now that i traded it in. i just got back home. i been travelin a ton and i spent a few days out at joshua tree. anywho, i aint going nowhere so feel free to email me or anything. i would love to meet steven, brule, jim, con, mark....and whoever else i can one day. i met john in dallas onetime and we had a blast.
-hobie
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
jayall23
Regular
Regular

Post by jayall23 »

Too bad about the truck, and don't feel bad, I've learned more on this site than I ever would anywhere else, If nothing else, Thanks
Jared
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Dag nabbit. I saw it come'n anyhow. You were getting frustrated with it. lol
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: done deal. its gone.

Post by Conman »

a2b wrote:hmmmm...how do i put this.
i feel bad since i started this site and got everyone all together. its been a week or so now that i traded it in. i just got back home. i been travelin a ton and i spent a few days out at joshua tree. anywho, i aint going nowhere so feel free to email me or anything. i would love to meet steven, brule, jim, con, mark....and whoever else i can one day. i met john in dallas onetime and we had a blast.
-hobie
What did you get? There is nothing wrong with selling your truck. Sometimes you just outgrow it. I've been getting the bug for something different as you guys know when I bought my crew, I was a every other year trade-in guy. But I've had my Trooper for almost three year and love it, and so far, I have not found a good replacement for the Crew. With the news from my dealer that I cannot register a fullsize crew with passenger plates, that really kills the options I had. :( With the Superlift info leaking out, I'm wondering if they are actually making it after all. we will see.

Cheers,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I'm holding out for an H4T. Or when ever Jeep makes a truck on there wrangler base with the Rubicon package. But still then, I'll probably run my S-10 till the doors fall off! lol
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

So you're driving that Ford around? :lol:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: done deal. its gone.

Post by HenryJ »

a2b wrote:hmmmm...how do i put this.
-hobie
Wow I really thought it would go from you to "a heap in the bottom of some unrecoverable canyon" or the wrecking yard :lol:
Glad to hear it still lives ...somewhere. If that truck could only talk :D , or maybe you better hope it doesn't :shock:
What if the new owner finds this site and sees what you did to that truck :roflmao: j/k

It would be nice to meet up sometime. I'm still waiting to see what this summer brings. With school sucking all available brain power right now , I can't seem to plan very far ahead at this point, but we will be headed for the redwood forest and trees of mystery at some point. I'd love to get a bunch together to meet up on that trip. Mello for sure, who knows.

How's the chassis coming? Keep us up-to-date on how the project is coming.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya i trader my s-10 for a auto 4 door 4cyl camry. 30mpg :D its my new DD and i really do love it. for those of you who live in cities like LA, you will understand how much of a difference it makes. as small as the s-10 is, the camry is still way better here.

ya, the s-10 just couldnt do what i needed it to do. it came close to being a great all around purpose vehicle. buy all my purposes are a bit extreme. they really cant be comprimised. so i split my s-10 into the 3 vehicles that it was trying to be. 1. gas mileage DD, 2. tow vehicle 3. off road vehicle.

i also got a sweet new car hauler too.

as far as my new truck, that thing pulls like MF'er. i was racing people on the interstate pulling my car and out pulling other trucks just hauling boats.

ya, i cant wait till the guy who buys my truck finds this site :lol: i cant wait to see the post entitled "is this my truck?" :lol: i am going to laugh my head off

and i started torching and welding today. i hope to have my crawler done in 2 months. the first competition is march 19th. so i have alot do!!!
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

Mine's days are numbered too. I just sent off a check to pay-off the loan and get the title firmly in hand to sell/trade at will. Replacement will be a Tundra Crew Cab 4x4. I've had enough creaking, squeeking, broken A/C mode switch, tempermental window switch, CV boot problems, rear springs sagging, etc. Might take a couple months, buts its going......
Last edited by Mike H. on Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
(previous) 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab
(now) 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

did you leave any messages regarding this website in the truck???
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Sure...come through Phoenix on your way back to LA and don't stop in to see me. :!:

Just kidding.

So you joined the ranks of commuters in LA now huh? Next thing you know you'll be waiting in line at Starbucks. :mrgreen:

Good buy though...Camrys are nice little cars. You should cruise over here to Phoenix for the NHRA thing this weekend and see how good the gas mileage on that thing really is. 8)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

nope, no messages in the truck.

and mark, i came thru pheonix at 3am. i doubt you were up.
and you didnt call me back last time i went thru so i figured you were just a big fat snop :evil:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

a2b wrote:nope, no messages in the truck.

and you didnt call me back last time i went thru so i figured you were just a big fat snop :evil:
I called you back at work and they told me you'd call me back. So who's the snob now? :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

What's a snop? :lol: And there's nothing wrong with Starbucks! :D
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

My trucks days are numbered too, after the intake manifold started sucking air and leaking and $780 to fix it, I am trading it on a used jeep or vw golf tdi once my fiance decides on which one she wants as i like both vehicles. (we'are both getting new vehicles as her 87 olds delta 88 just died too)
Last edited by Dragonmaster on Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

AZS10Crew wrote:
a2b wrote:nope, no messages in the truck.

I called you back at work and they told me you'd call me back. So who's the snob now? :)

oh well now that sucks. i didnt get the message!! :twisted:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
QnsRyche
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by QnsRyche »

yes as of today mine is gone also.... now i have a suburbanator
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

QnsRyche wrote:yes as of today mine is gone also.... now i have a suburbanator
no way. lets get a pic!
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

We need a new section named "those who sold out".

:lol:
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

I plan on keeping mine for a while, like my 95 ZR2 going on 9 years now and still love it.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

quickbiker wrote:We need a new section named "those who sold out".

:lol:
oooooo.... right thru the heart..that hurt :oops: :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

:evil:
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

Hobie,

What kind of rims did you have & what were the specs?

thanks
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

kwalsh wrote:Hobie,

What kind of rims did you have & what were the specs?

thanks
He had 15x8 US Wheel Daytonas (Rockcrawlers) with 5" BS and 31x10.5 BFG AT's. He had to do some pretty decent fender trimming (at the bottom corner) so that they wouldn't rub.

I have the same wheels, but 15x7 with 4.5" BS and 30x9.5 Dunlop MT's and mine only rubbed on the rear of the wheel well when turning and flexing...never on the fender.
[size=75]Mark
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

thanks mark! :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

a2b wrote:thanks mark! :D
No problem...I know all about your wheels and tires since they were almost mine once. :)
[size=75]Mark
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

AZS10Crew wrote:
No problem...I know all about your wheels and tires since they were almost mine once. :)
oh ya i forgot about that...

ya i just got in my second pair of black crawlers. this time 6 on 5.5...i just got thru sandin the paint off the edges for the beadlocks :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

a2b wrote:
AZS10Crew wrote:

ya i just got in my second pair of black crawlers. this time 6 on 5.5...i just got thru sandin the paint off the edges for the beadlocks :D
Beadlocks...sweet. :)
[size=75]Mark
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

a2b wrote:
AZS10Crew wrote:

weld on beadlocks? let me know how those work out
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

Warnoffroad wrote:
a2b wrote:
AZS10Crew wrote: No problem...I know all about your wheels and tires since they were almost mine once. :)

weld on beadlocks? let me know how those work out
well its the cheapest steup for beadlocks to run. you can find a set up cheap steel rims....or free rims, then for about 350, get a weld on kit. i would suggest bobby long's kit. but if you want your rims to look good, then i would get the aluminum champion beadlocks. they are about 250 a pop.....either way, both will work fine
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\