S10 Crew Talk

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

S10 Crew Talk

Post by Conman »

Since there are a few people getting new trucks, I figure I would bring up some S10 Crew info.

In the paper this week I saw two dealers advertise New 04 S10 Crews and one had like 9 in stock(that's alot for a non-truck town like Down State NY area). I've never seen them advertise any s10 crews until now. I think the dealers are stocking the s10 Crews cause they are probably getting good profit from them plus the plant is right accross the river in NJ. They still advertise Blazers as well(made in Linden, NJ as well). GM must be giving good incentives to the dealers to sell S10 Crews still as it appears there are more s10 on the lot than colorado. They are prices a few thousand cheaper than similar Colorados so the mighty dollar is king! Might just be a northeast thing cause the s10/blazer plant is here but still interesting. Maybe there will be more crew owners joining here from the NE area! :)

Cheers,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

weird my blazer was built in Ohio, and I know there is a S-10 plant in Shreveport too. I think it's converting over to produce colorados though
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I'm seeing quite a few more around here , athough none on the dealer lots.
Too bad it is the geriatric crowd that is driving them here. I'd love to see another one that has been modded running around.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

adrenalnjunky wrote:weird my blazer was built in Ohio, and I know there is a S-10 plant in Shreveport too. I think it's converting over to produce colorados though
I think the Shreveport plant only built regular and ext. cab s10 and is now only a Colorado plant now. The Blazer plant in Ohio, is that the Trailblazer plant now?

I'm pretty sure the s10 Crew was only made in the Linden, NJ plant and this was just a blazer only plant before then.

The only question now is how long will they build the crew and blazer? GM is still making money on these trucks but there is a point where they will just have to stop making them. I know the Union is probably one reason the plant is still open but this is one old plant so will they build a new truck here or close the plant for good. When the H3 rumor came out, they said it might be based on the s10/blazer chassis so they probably could have converted the plant. But since it's now based on the Colorado line, do they have enough capacity to build the H3 there or will they redo the NJ plant for the H3 or just build a new plant in a cheaper area? Time will tell.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

Conman wrote:I think the Shreveport plant only built regular and ext. cab s10 and is now only a Colorado plant now. The Blazer plant in Ohio, is that the Trailblazer plant now?
Yes.
Moraine Assembly builds the Trailblazer, Bravada, Rainer, and Envoy. I believe Saab and Isuzu will also be getting SUVs on this platform. Last I heard they were not building the extended 3rd row seat version there because of some major tooling f-up that was made during the plant conversion from the S series 4 doors which used to be made there.

I worked there for 2 summers while in collage on the assembly line back in 89 and 90 building the Gen 1 S-trucks. Even though I was a temporary employee, I got full scale wages and had to join the union. Good money for a student and at 60 hours a week, I had no time to spend any of it. Also made me realize I had better do good in school. I would hate to spend my life in a job like that.

My truck was built in Shreveport.

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Linden, NJ GM plant

Post by kwalsh »

from my local paper, 2/19/04

"...GM has been running one shift in Linden for the past few years.
Lower consumer demand for the pickups and SUVs built there led to the
cutback, Flores said. The company will produce about 215 vehicles per
day at the plant.

GM builds midsize pickups and midsize sport utility vehicles in Linden,
specifically the Chevrolet S-10 and GMC Sonoma pickup trucks and the
Chevy Blazer SUV for U.S. markets and the GMC Jimmy for sale in
Canada.

The Linden factory opened in 1937. Fighter planes were produced during
World War II. Cars were built there from 1946 to 1991 before the switch
to trucks was made in 1992."
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]