chiped paint drivers side

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

code3crew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

chiped paint drivers side

Post by code3crew »

So I just got done installing my new lightbar on the roof of my truck wednesday and that night I had my weekly fire department meeting and at the meeting we discussed putting a 2" line on the truck ( alot heavier than are 1 3/4" line we use) and they decided to try it out. Well while they were spraying the hose line they were hitting the ground and throwing rock chips all over my s-10 I was inside and never saw this until later when we went out to dinner and the drivers side of my truck was covered in iced mud. the next day I washed it and the whole drivers side from raocker to roof and hood to tailgate is covered in small chips that go down to the primer. The fire department is going to cover the repair but I was wondering do you think they can repaint one side and make it look as good as if it had never been touched or if to really get a good match they would have to repaint the whole thing?
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

as long as you maintained the paint pretty well throughout the whole truck, there shouldn't be any noticable difference. I've had body work at 30k and the paint looks the same. Most likely, the body shop will paint the front and rear quarter panels, doors and pillars. In all honesty, I would ask how much more for a complete paint job, fork up the extra dough and have the truck the color you want...
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

I couldnt agree more with forking up the extra dough and choosing your own color.. I have a friend who had his 95 mustang rear quarter panel damaged.. he took it for paint and they ended up painting the door and the rear quarter.. It matches pretty good... after a couple of washes it looked just like the old paint.. but you can tell it was repainted if you see it on a sunny day.. I would fork the cash for a color change.. 8) If you are strapped for cash let them paint what is ruined and see how it comes out.. it wont be to obvious.. just my 2 cents
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
code3crew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by code3crew »

That would be cool but the guys on my department would be alittle upset if I showed up in a bright red s-10 that they payed for when I was only suppossed to have the chips on one side repainted
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

Then youd just have to explain that they did pay for that one side to get painted and you paid for the rest.. just like the insurance company.. if you get hit.. you get an estimate to just fix the lets say door.. but if you want the dents in the trunk taken out then you pay whatever it costs extra.. 8) color change color change (subliminal messages )
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
code3crew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by code3crew »

I guess I will think about it. I have to wait for my girlfriends Colorado to come in because she just sold her car