Off-roading pics...finally!

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Off-roading pics...finally!

Post by AZS10Crew »

Here's a few of the best ones...

And the rest are here...

http://www.ztrysolutions.com/offroading/

Not a real rough trail...but plenty rough for only my second time off-road with only a stock crew cab with the crappy Uniroyal Laredo tires. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

looks like you had fun. nice flexin there. so is this your first rock garden?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

did you ever go into 4wd? it looks like you did when you went up that steep hill...make sure you go into 4-lo it takes all the work off the tranny...and FYI, never go into 2. you may know all this but in case you didnt, i dont want you to mess up your ride....hopefully next time we can do a trail together :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

First time on real rocky terrain...for an extended period anyway. The other trail we went on a couple weeks ago had some short steep stuff, but nothing like this trail.

Yeah...it was in 4HI the whole way up. Good advice on the 4LO though. I'll do that next time. I had it in 4LO on the way down and threw it down into first gear on the really steep stuff and almost never touched the brakes. :thumb:

Funny you mention 2WD, because my buddies Passport (the guy with me in the pics) was only 2WD. He said he was only close to getting stuck a couple times and that was only on the long climbs. It did really well though. Surprised me a few times.
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

I like the body color bumpers on the 03 crew! The 02's chrome rear is nice but with all that rubber on the front bumper, you can't see the chrome.

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I like the body color better too. Not that I don't like chrome, but I just think the chrome bumpers on the newer S-10's remind me too much of the 92 that I had. The body color ones are a little more "modern" looking I guess.

[size=75]Mark
Steven
Crew
Crew

Post by Steven »

Looks cool man!. Nice pic's. One of them should be nominated for pic of the month.
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Steven wrote:One of them should be nominated for pic of the month
Does that mean you're going to start a thread?

AZS10 - I love that plate number too! "ate" XX "DiRT"

I've been thinking about getting "I 8 A V8" for my Vega.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

AZS10Crew wrote:
Yeah...it was in 4HI the whole way up. Good advice on the 4LO though. I'll do that next time. I had it in 4LO on the way down and threw it down into first gear on the really steep stuff and almost never touched the brakes. :thumb:

Funny you mention 2WD, because my buddies Passport (the guy with me in the pics) was only 2WD. He said he was only close to getting stuck a couple times and that was only on the long climbs. It did really well though. Surprised me a few times.

ya, for our type of terrain, stay in 2wd as long as practical, then go straight to 4-lo, either 3 or 1. never 2. in mud on flat lands 4hi is fine, but not for rock crawlin.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Thanks for the advice Hobie! :thumb:

Pic of the Month? I'm flattered. :)

That plate actually came off my wife's Mercury Tracer that we traded in on the truck with my Camaro. It was completely random that we got that number back in 99 when we moved here. I was glad when we got that plate transferred because I liked the DiRT too. :D
[size=75]Mark