Been where possibly no Crew has ever been before

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

1337vending
Crew
Crew

Been where possibly no Crew has ever been before

Post by 1337vending »

I've been called insane for this by most of my friends, but I call it fun...I took my truck out to Buttonwillow Raceway this past weekend! :D My dad was taking his car out, and I've been needing to get rid of these Uniroyals, so I figured the best way to get rid of tires was at the race track :mrgreen:

My truck did suprisingly well with the rear sway bar and new shocks. I installed some Monroe sensatracks last weekend and it kept the truck well under control. The rear sway bar was a HUGE help. There was some understeer, but I was able to rotate the truck with the throttle on some of the slower corners. It was really stable at speed and didn't ever feel floaty or out of control. The 4wheel disc brakes were nice too, although they did get a little hot. I guess thats what would happen when you're stopping 4000lbs of truck for a 90 degree turn...:lol:

And the best part of this trip was at the race before my lap session when i was on the pregrid! One of the other race cars went into a turn too hot and slid off the track into some dry brush. And believe me Bakersfield in the summer has a lot of dry brush. So, he catches some brush on fire and it starts spreading...and the pit truck went out to go put it out, but they couldnt fit but 2 people in it... So some of the other track officials ask me to drive them out to the fire. I drove right through the infield in my truck with five people, no problem! Bah take that Corvette Z06!

And finally, some pictures of my track fun:
Last edited by 1337vending on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]2003 Indigo Blue Crew Cab - EFILive custom tune, K&N filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, Rear sway bar, ZR5 wheels w/ BFG 30x9.5x15 AllTerrains

Future mods:
Single 6.5" Bazooka behind the backseat[/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

:D thats cool
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

:thumb:

What you should look into with your setup is some nice sticky wide tires and Vette wheels like Jim has. And maybe lower it a bit too? If I wasn't taking my truck off road, I'd do the same.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Love it :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

so..... we can race one weekend.....then go 4 wheeling the next!!!! isn't life grand!!!!!! :thumb:
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Been where possibly no Crew has ever been before

Post by kf6kmx »

1337vending wrote: And the best part of this trip was at the race before my lap session when i was on the pregrid! One of the other race cars went into a turn too hot and slid off the track into some dry brush. And believe me Bakersfield in the summer has a lot of dry brush.
Wish I would have knowm, I'd have gone down and watched :) I'm only about 80 miles North of Bakersfield 8)
And yep, dry isnt even the word for it... 104 today, 110 tomorrow, 111 (!) thursaday here....
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:thumb:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

It looked like you had some fun :) Did you get some :yikes: from other people there at the race?
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
Jim

Re: Been where possibly no Crew has ever been before

Post by Jim »

1337vending wrote:
My truck did suprisingly well with the rear sway bar and new shocks. I installed some Monroe sensatracks last weekend and it kept the truck well under control. The rear sway bar was a HUGE help.
8) 8) Cool 8) 8)

My truck has the rear bar w/ a 1.5 drop in the front and a 2" drop in the rear. I took an off ramp the other day a little fast, it went around it like it was on rails. I also have ZR-1 style 16" wheels w/ 235-70-16 on. Next summer I'll have the 235-60-16 on, they are about 2" smaller in dia...allot less squirm.

Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

Wow...It's been a while since I've been back here. I've still got the CC, but I figured I'd bump my old thread. I still have the Crew, never gonna get rid of it! Sad to hear all the people trading theirs in though...Oh well, life moves on.

But I do have a more suitable track vehicle now...2004 Pontiac GTO. It's loads of fun. :mrgreen: I probably have 50+ track days under my belt now.
[size=75]2003 Indigo Blue Crew Cab - EFILive custom tune, K&N filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, Rear sway bar, ZR5 wheels w/ BFG 30x9.5x15 AllTerrains

Future mods:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Almost four years, Bro! Hope everything is going okay for ya'.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

Things are going great, I'm out of school and gainfully employed...I even have a track toy!

I'm glad some people on here are keeping their CCs though...I've been on a quite a few forums and this one has more tech knowledge and better people on it as far as I'm concerned. Don't ever shut it down HenryJ!

Future mods: