Mufflers?

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Mufflers?

Post by Warnoffroad »

Does any one know which muffler would give me big block sound and non of that rice burner buzzing?
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i hear that flowmaster 40 series is good.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I'm running the 3" deltaflow.

I don't know of any way to make a 6 sound like a Big 8, but I like mine.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

HenryJ wrote:I'm running the 3" deltaflow.

I don't know of any way to make a 6 sound like a Big 8, but I like mine.

Do you have a flowmaster 40? Does it have a humming sound?
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Most Flowmasters have a humming sound for the first few months, but that tends to go away eventually. It did on my V6 Camaro anyway.

You could always just put in a straight pipe. :D
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

warnoffroad wrote:Does it have a humming sound?
Nope, other than the guy in the drivers seat when a tune he doesn't know the words to is on.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

hahahaha. brule is a comdian!!! hahaha.

so i have a ravin and i like it. but i am wondering if i might get another muffler. i am worried that when my 02 scensor was out, it ran rich and plugged up my convertor, i am wondering if it did the same to my muffler?
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

do duals. With your truck, it would look badass!!! I did the flowmaster 40 single in and dual out..I love it...It sometimes sets car alarms off (mainly very sensitive car alarms)
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

any after market loud muffler on that 4.3 is not going to sound like a rice burner
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

Justin wrote:do duals. With your truck, it would look badass!!! I did the flowmaster 40 single in and dual out..I love it...It sometimes sets car alarms off (mainly very sensitive car alarms)

Yeah im know im gunna do a dual im just trying to figure out if i should go with a 30, 40 or a 50. Did you do it your self? Do you know much it would cost to have the duals done at a shop?
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

a2b wrote:any after market loud muffler on that 4.3 is not going to sound like a rice burner

Yeah I would figure :?: but my friend has a 4.3 ext cab with a Gibson single and is sounds like a rice burner, he likes it.
Last edited by Warnoffroad on Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smaney1
Regular
Regular

Post by smaney1 »

warnoffroad wrote:
a2b wrote:any after market loud muffler on that 4.3 is not going to sound like a rice burner

Yeah I would figure :?: but my friend has a 4.3 ext cab with a Gibson single and is sounds like a rice burner, he hates it.

My 2 cents but I don't think the gibson (stainless single side swept 164433) sounds like a rice burner... sounds good to me
[size=75]'03 S-10 Crew Blue

opts: locking 3.73, on/off road tires (to be replaced), mods: Gibson stainless exhaust, TYC tails, clear fronts, bed extender, for daughter (elmo vanity plate, rear cupholder), planned: 18's and/or bigger tires, flame accents, wheel spacers, tonneau, ...[/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

smaney1 wrote:
warnoffroad wrote:

Yeah I would figure :?: but my friend has a 4.3 ext cab with a Gibson single and is sounds like a rice burner, he hates it.

My 2 cents but I don't think the gibson (stainless single side swept 164433) sounds like a rice burner... sounds good to me

It has a deep humm some what like a rice burner, not a gas guzling sound (chevelle 396) which is what I want to try to get
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

http://www.pvmufflers.com/

Check them out. A few Isuzu guys got like 25+ HP by just changing the stock muffler on the 3.5L 215HP V6 engine!

More info here:

http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/003783.html

Plus the muffler is smaller than before.

It's got a good tone, but def. very throaty so don't put this on your minivan!

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
John

Ive got a 40...

Post by John »

I took the stock exhaust off in front of the muffler and removed all of it. I had a single 40 Flo welded up (2.5" i/o) and put a dump tip on the back of it. I no longer have to worry about the exhaust dragging in the rear when I'm out on the trails. It has a pretty deep sound. Real nice at idle, and gets a bit quiet when I stomp it. No rice burner sound to it. I thought Hobie heard it when he stopped into town. Remember it?
I WILL have 35's on this thing sooner or later.
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

bring it to a local exhaust shop and it should take him 2-3 hours and about $120. I am really happy with it but whenever i burry my rear driver side tire, i have to bring it back to have them re-align that side... the shackle rubs sometimes :lol: I plan on cutting 4" holes out of the roll pan so I will have the guy fix that along with routing the pipes to the holes...it should look good 8)
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Joseph »

I'm getting flowmasters 40's put on to. I am thinking about duals that run out on to one side instead of spiltting out the back. I just might replace the current muffler instead and leaving it at that. JH68
Joseph
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Joseph »

I have a co-worker, he had put on duals on his Silverado without mufflers after the converter. It sounds pretty good and its not to loud. I was wondering how that sound on our trucks. JH68
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I tried unbolting the exhaust right after the cat on my truck right after I got it to see what open exhaust sounded like, but no luck. I need an air wrench or something to do it because I couldn't get it unbolted with just hand tools. I might try again this weekend.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

AZS10Crew wrote:I tried unbolting the exhaust right after the cat on my truck right after I got it to see what open exhaust sounded like, but no luck. I need an air wrench or something to do it because I couldn't get it unbolted with just hand tools. I might try again this weekend.

My friend with a 92 black ford lighting took his muffler off and put it in his bed so if a cop pulls him over he can say it just fell off :idea:
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

Justin wrote:bring it to a local exhaust shop and it should take him 2-3 hours and about $120. I am really happy with it but whenever i burry my rear driver side tire, i have to bring it back to have them re-align that side... the shackle rubs sometimes :lol: I plan on cutting 4" holes out of the roll pan so I will have the guy fix that along with routing the pipes to the holes...it should look good 8)

Is that 120 w/ or w/o the muffler?