Christmas gift first Mod

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Christmas gift first Mod

Post by F9K9 »

Since I had to look at one of my gifts and am not able to use it, I was given the go ahead to unbox it and "mod" it (her words, not mine) :lol:
Last edited by F9K9 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Probably doubled the horsepower! Nice 8)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Thanks, it definitely needs larger tires to make the trip in and out of the storage building once I get rid of her unridden four year old bicycle :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:...it definitely needs larger tires...
Does this mean you have found a home for your 30's and can now get 33's for the truck? ;)

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

HenryJ wrote:
f9k9 wrote:...it definitely needs larger tires...
Does this mean you have found a home for your 30's and can now get 33's for the truck? ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

the color doesn't match your truck????? are you going to paint the tank???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I think Santa may have left that at the wrong house :(
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

You need a bigger tree to put that under!
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Yellow Hammer wrote:You need a bigger tree to put that under!
I just wish that those boxes behind the compressor were also for me :lol:

Craftsman tool chest and cabinet :thumb:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Christmas gift first Mod

Post by HenryJ »

F9K9 wrote:Since I had to look at one of my gifts and am not able to use it, I was given the go ahead to unbox it and "mod" it (her words, not mine) :lol:
Reed! Got your recall notice yet?
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12269.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RDKN_yOx-0

Those compressors are catching fire!

- ThunderII KE7CSK
mars2878
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by mars2878 »

that sucks
01 Sonoma sls crew cab - 00 Camaro rims, lear cap w/additional led int light, reese hitch, 99 envoy dash outlets, 98 bravada switch plates & hvac knobs.
03 grand am se 3.4 auto sedan - 02 gt ram air induction parts, aftmkt taillights.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Use the bike tires for the compressor, should help it out. LOL

Enjoy!
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:...........Reed! Got your recall notice yet?...........

Those compressors are catching fire!
Hell no! It's only been almost 4 months since the recall came out.

That was an awesome "catch" to pick up on that and once again, I'm indebted to you. Almost nine years with that compressor and it has done everything from roofing my house to beau coup work on the CC, three heeps, friend's rigs.......etc. You told me that it would last if, I treated it right and it has served faithfully.

Thanks, Brule!!!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Good investment. Looks like a simple fix. Call the 800 number and I bet they FedEx out the needed parts. The video makes it look simple.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:Good investment. Looks like a simple fix. Call the 800 number and I bet they FedEx out the needed parts. The video makes it look simple.
Agreed. I will call in the next few days.