BBC's Top Gear

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

BBC's Top Gear

Post by HenryJ »

DSL has allowed me to explore a little more than I had before. I am hooked on Top Gear! Check out Youtube.com and do a search for Top Gear. There are a ton of good videos.

I really need a diesel powered Hilux crew cab with an Icelandic conversion! Watch it in action in this bunch of videos : Top Gear Polar Special

There are seven parts. It takes a while, but I really enjoyed it.

The Atom is a very cool ride. Check out Richards wreck of the land speed record holding car. Killing a Toyota is great! The amphibious vehicle challenge was fun too.

Lots to see!

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I believe that we have lost Brule! Am glad I don't know his new email address because I could see him getting lost on utube and other sites that I forward my email to friends from :)
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
CrashNburn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrashNburn »

the tires they have on those are pretty cool eh!!
[size=75]I hold Wrench, you turn truck!![/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

so this whole time you have been on dial up????????????
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

I love those Ariel Atom's.....Super cool cars. They even have a setup now to use the Cobalt SS's supercharged Ecotec.....Whats that you say? Supercar track manners with American power....Where can I sign up?
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

a2b wrote:so this whole time you have been on dial up????????????
Slow dial-up. 19.2 on a good day.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Miles
Crew
Crew

Post by Miles »

Just finished watching all 7 vid clips! VERY cool! I've always liked Top Gears shows, and there's a lot of them out there! That Nissan Patrol is incredible!

Brule....you've been on dial up all this time? At 19.2k? WOW! You'll never look at the internet the same man!
[size=75][b][color=orange][i]~Jeremy[/i][/color][/b]

[i][b][color=blue]'00 ZR2 Blazer, 33" KM2's on PA3's, Lock Right in Iron front diff/Detroit Locker in rear, sway-bar disco's, 1-Ton P & I Arms[/color][/b][/i]

[b][color=yellow]BlaZeR pics [/color][/b][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/b240/Muslhed/Best%20Blazer%20pics/][b][color=red]HERE[/color][/b][/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Muslhed wrote:J.........Brule....you've been on dial up all this time? At 19.2k? WOW! You'll never look at the internet the same man!
Hence his NAZI photo size requirements and his enforcement of the rules. That along with us being a guest on a server. Going on 2 yrs with DSL and cannot imagine the he_L he must have gone through to keep us up and running.

More kudos to you, BruleImage

Thank you for everything!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

HenryJ wrote:
a2b wrote:so this whole time you have been on dial up????????????
Slow dial-up. 19.2 on a good day.
dude, are you serious...i am completely astounded. that means all these hours i thought you were spending on the managing the board. you must have spent days instead of just hours....wow, i dont even mess with dail up...and thats at 46k
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

a2b wrote:...you must have spent days instead of just hours....wow
You got it!

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

U.S. Top Gear Hosts Officially Announced by NBC
Date posted: 06-16-2008

BURBANK, Calif. — There's an interesting three-man cast for the U.S. version of Top Gear, the famous British car show, NBC has announced. Production is set to start this month with comedian and radio personality Adam Carolla, Eric Stromer and Tanner Foust at the helm. BBC America is producing the program for the U.S. An on-air date was not yet released.

NBC Entertainment executive Craig Plestis calls Top Gear "a proven winner worldwide" and says the trio of hosts is "a perfect match of humor, insider know-how and priceless track experience." The hosts will be shown on road trips, test-drives and stunt events involving "the world's most amazing cars," BBC America says.

The BBC2 program Top Gear has been on the air since 1977 and is digitally available in 100 countries.

Carolla is currently host of the Los Angeles-based syndicated radio show The Adam Carolla Show on KLSX-FM. He has also been on Comedy Central and MTV programs including The Man Show and Loveline and bills himself as a car collector with possessions including an Audi S4 and "several" Lamborghinis.

Foust is a stunt driver who has appeared in The Dukes of Hazzard, The Bourne Ultimatum, and other action films and who was the 2007 X Games Rally champion and the 2007 Formula Drift Pro Drift champion. He was the host of the program SuperCars Exposed on the Speed cable channel and says "a tricked-out [BMW] M3" is his personal "car of choice."

Stromer's car credentials are murkier. He hosted the HGTV channel's Over Your Head program and appears on the Clean Sweep program on TLC and has a background in construction. His preferred ride is a Toyota Camry Hybrid, he says.

What this means to you: The sun may never again set on the Top Gear empire. — Laura Sky Brown, Correspondent[/color]

Find this article at:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Ne ... 7277?imw=Y

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re:

Post by HenryJ »

- ThunderII KE7CSK
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: BBC's Top Gear

Post by riceburnr2005 »

i religiously watch this show, also dont forget the new american top gear just started on the history channel. Its not the same, but still fun to watch.
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.