What is the best shop manual For the CC

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

What is the best shop manual For the CC

Post by williamcstonejr »

Anyone have an opinion on the best shop manual for our trucks?
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Original GM manual. A little pricey, but well worth it.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Helm Inc. GM factory service manual. Three volume set. $135

Sticky: Lubing and Manuals
Service Manual

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Don't waste your hard earned money on Haynes or Chilton unless you need a drink coaster or need something under a wobbly table leg. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by williamcstonejr »

Thank you, I am getting out my credit card as I type :thumb:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You will be pleased. It really is a good investment for someone who will keep their truck long term.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Anybody tried any of the service manuals on CD (OEM) listed on E-Bay? They claim to be complete with recall and tsb notices. If so are they any good? A lot cheaper than three volume set if any good. $24.95+shipping if memory serves.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

roadrunner wrote:Anybody tried any of the service manuals on CD (OEM) listed on E-Bay?............
If, it is the same set I am thinking of, the seller was from down under and they suddenly disappeared.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

f9k9 wrote:
roadrunner wrote:Anybody tried any of the service manuals on CD (OEM) listed on E-Bay?............
If, it is the same set I am thinking of, the seller was from down under and they suddenly disappeared.
One I was looking at is located in British Columbia Canada one item # I have saved is 260206356201. Take a look and tell me what you think. Looks pretty good to me. JMO Price isn't too bad either. I think I also read if you don't find your vehicle listed you can contact them and they'll put together a cd for yours. As far as I can tell you're right about the other seller I was refering to. I no longer see their ads.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

What I got was the DVD that allows me to hook up my computer as a server on the GM Tech Net and search the database GM uses
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I can't offer an opinion on the one on Ebay. Sounds pretty vague to me.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

04crewvt wrote:What I got was the DVD that allows me to hook up my computer as a server on the GM Tech Net and search the database GM uses
Where'd you get that one and how much was it? Also would it work on dialup or just on high speed?
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Picked it up on e-bay a couple of years back. It needed a Windows 2k OS to run so I set one up for it. When I log on it automatically hooks to their system. I have only used it on DSL so not sure how it would work on dial up.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Patience pays off! I finally snagged a paper OEM edition for my 01 CC. Hoooraaay!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

roadrunner wrote:Patience pays off! I finally snagged a paper OEM edition for my 01 CC. Hoooraaay!
Congrats! While sometimes difficult to find exactly what you want, they are very extensive. What a great tool.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

roadrunner wrote:Anybody tried any of the service manuals on CD (OEM) listed on E-Bay? They claim to be complete with recall and tsb notices. If so are they any good? A lot cheaper than three volume set if any good. $24.95+shipping if memory serves.
I just bought a manual on Ebay from the seller, American_Workshop. It has pretty good information - worth the $35.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrole ... 06.c0.m245
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

nice.... yeah the haynes manual.... i bought it not long ago.... definantly not what I thought it was.....

If I wasnt sooooo hard up for money right now, I would definantly try that dvd manualk thingy you just got 14x4... I want to get something like that some day. Cuase ill have this truck till it falls apart im sure :lol:
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

fallvitals wrote:Cuase ill have this truck till it falls apart im sure :lol:
Same here. But I want to keep my truck until I fall apart. :lol:
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

lol, well, I hope I out last my truck then :lol:

If it wasnt for my tranny starting to slip in my old s-10, my first vehicle, had it for 7 years starting in 11th grade, I would still own it.

Could you do my a favor? Im interested in just how detailed that manual is you got.... can you look up replacing the rear axle pinion seal, and see how it compares to the info brule posted in this thread about 1/4 way down?

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4750

Im assuming thats from a GM service manual he posted... im curious to see how detailed it is... if its pretty much the same i might have to bite the bullet on that manual and get it too.... :lol: :? :shock: