Concept Colorado

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Concept Colorado

Post by BobbleSmitty »

This concept of the next generation Colorado is pretty cool looking!

[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

There's a lot of H3T in that...not bad.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

I like that...
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I can say, Do Not want. The grill is hideous. And the cab doesn't flow into the bed.

They definantly need a lift on it.
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

I haven't made up my mind yet. I don't like how the cab and bed flow together. That was my bigest hangup with the Colorado.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I like the cab and the wheels, but the rest is just too bulky and out of proportion. :?

I like the H3T much better!

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I don't even think that I will revisit a new GM product again. I have owned them (and a few others) since I was 16 in '67. Let me restate that one more time. I will not look at a new GM product next time around. I might revisit my decision if, they make a major turnaround in customer service. That is just my Image and I am entitled to them. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Reed, I'm sure you would like to have that Z28 back. :wink:

The newer GM cars including my SS are not as nice as the older 60's Chevy's.

I wish I still had my 68 Impala fastback, and my 01 CC. :(

Steve
smallblocker
Regular
Regular

Post by smallblocker »

I don't much like the grill either. Starting to look more like a '50s truck kinda.
'87 1st Gen Crewcab, 355, 5spd.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The concept looks like it has potential to me. I can see a couple four small rectangular LED driving lights frenched into the grille crossbar.
Below the headlamps in the bumper a couple openings for a dual cold air induction system. Louvers in the front side of those rear fenders and tubes to cool the rear brakes. A conversion to rear discs too if they are not back by this model.
It already has enough clearance for a bigger tire if you go a little narrower.
Add some upturned tube sliders and a Softopper to the back and I think we would have a winner. :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i recently have driven a colorado with that I5 and i was pretty impressed. the motor has alot of power and gets great mileage.

then, i recently had a friend build his rock crawler around that same motor. apparently, you can pick these up at wrecking yards pretty cheap and the motor is extremely easy to wire up. its a bit tall but has great power.

but as with most newer motors, it has oiling issues for rockcrawling. during the king of the hammers race, he rolled. when he got himself back over, the motor was hyrdolocked and it took 2 hours to get it going again.

this is why i wont switch from the 22r that i run now. it will run upsidedown, just like the 4.3
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I hope I never have to find out how well my 4.3L runs upside down :shock:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Speaking of running up-side-down. Last night my wife, son and I were having dinner at Mancino's in Owosso. We heard a loud smash. Looked out the window and saw a newer Ford Ranger extended cab flip up-side-down just outside our window. It missed my Crew by 10 feet! It threw the girl passenger out the side window as it flipped. She was scratched up and dirty but ok otherwise. I ran out and crawed under the truck to turn the key off. The truck was ideling away just fine. The driver was thrown in the back between the seats and rear window. He too was fine. A little beat up but ok. He came out through the rear window. The front window and front half of the cab were crushed down below the dash. Even the bucket seats were broken back. NOT starting something here, but in this case, not wearing their seat belts saved their lives. The truck wandered over too close and cought the passenger front tire on the curb. This hooked and spun the truck around. When the drivers side rear tire cought the curb, it flipped the truck. That also ripped the tire and rim off. The smash we heard must have been when the truck hit the curb. Because when we looked up, the truck was in mid air with the girl flying through the air.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
blks10
Crew
Crew

Post by blks10 »

:puke:

I see why GM is goin down the tube
I speaka da english
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Almost has the same lines of a Nissan Frontier, to include the roof rack.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

I'm sure they are out there, but do any of you guys know if there are any cool sites with Colorado owners? I'm talking good site, like ths one?
[size=75]---Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans............John Lennon[/size]