On the brink ...gotta Hummer

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

On the brink ...gotta Hummer

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Hey guys, I spent a portion of my morning today up at the Hummer dealership checking out the new H3T with the Adventure Package! I test drove it around and I loved it! It has front and rear selectable lockers, 33" tires, hooks on both the front and rear bumpers.... I will be making my decision today or Monday to trade in the ZR5 towards it! I'll keep you all posted.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Get a grip, Bro! GM is entering bankruptcy and that line is already up for sale!

A very similar bumper sticker adorns my heep!

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

The H3T is a beauty, isn't it? I like it, and one equipped with the lockers front and rear is icing on the cake.
Go ahead and do it, you will love it.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Go for it. Big Brother isn't about to let GM go under and the warranty will be valid at any stealership they keep open. What we will likely see is the number of dealerships cut back from 3 in some towns to cover all the different brands to 1. My local dealership Keeps calling me to bring my Crew in for trade in, they seems to be begging for them up here right now.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Well, I did it, and I love it already! I miss the ZR5, but I'm glad that I got this truck. It has the adventure package which includes the offroad suspension, 33" off road tires, full locking front and rear diffs, full skid plate package, 4.56 gear ratio, 16" aluminum wheels. I also got a power sunroof, power seat, tow package, full size spare, bluetooth, onstar, XM radio, and 6 disc cd player. It sits up a lot higher than the CC. I'll take better pictures when it gets nicer out side, it has been raining all day. The bed of the truck has built in compartments for storage. There is absolutely no room behind the rear seat of this truck, but the back seats fold down all of the way.

I kept my subwoofer and box out of my old one. I will be keeping the sub and somehow making it fit in this truck, but as far as the box, I won't be needing it anymore. If someone is looking for a custom box that fits behind the seats of a CC let me know.

-Bob
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Image And here I am telling GM today, no, I don't care that you want my truck as a trade in. I don't have a payment on it and what I want would cost me more money.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Looks good. What engine and what sort of mileage is it going to get?
How much did you get out of your truck? How much did the H3T end up setting you back?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I got the I-5 3.7L with the 4 speed automatic transmission, it has a 27 gallon tank and the estimated mileage is 18 highway. I will keep you posted as to whether or not it gets that. But anything is better than the 15.5 MPG I have been getting on the highway with my CC. The MSRP on this truck was $38,000. I get the GMS discounts b/c my dad worked for GM, so that brought the price down to $34,100 and there were $3,750 in rebates/cashback, which brought it down to about 30,300. I got $10,600 (exact KBB trade in value) for my CC. So after tax and what not, it was about $22,000.
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

wow :shock:
4.56 gears, offroad stance, selectable lockers front and rear, and 33's stock! that truck screams for offroading. that I-5 probly scoots around ok with those gears. I'd like to see some more pics :) please
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Not too bad. I think you will be happy.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

You may remember my story about me selling my CC for an H3 SUV.
That was back in Jan. this year, and I'm here to say that the H3 is perhaps the best all around vehicle I have ever owned.
My 2008 H3 has a 23 gallon fuel tank, the I5 engine with the dual overhead cams and about 240HP. Full time four wheel drive, and a four wheel drive lock, and a four wheel drive low range.
I often get 18MPG, but for normal back road and secondary roads I get 15 mpg.
I have yet to see the low fuel light come on in my H3, a common sight on my 2002 CC, I know you guys know what I'm talking about, those crews just didn't do well in the fuel economy department, but they are a great vehicle for sure.
Absolutely beautiful ride in the H3, solid, smooth and quite. I've said this before too, when I take off with the H3 from a dead stop, and press down on the peddle there is no wheel spin as I experienced with the CC.

Bobblesmitty, congratulations on the H3T, you have a great truck there.

Here's a pic of my H3 SUV.

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I'll get more pics this weekend, it's supposed to be nice on Friday and Saturday.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

anvil wrote:...........Absolutely beautiful ride in the H3, solid, smooth and quite. I've said this before too, when I take off with the H3 from a dead stop, and press down on the peddle there is no wheel spin as I experienced with the CC................
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
blaz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by blaz »

I think you need to change the topic title! :D That hummer is definately a sharp looking truck. 8)
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

f9k9 wrote:
anvil wrote:...........Absolutely beautiful ride in the H3, solid, smooth and quite. I've said this before too, when I take off with the H3 from a dead stop, and press down on the peddle there is no wheel spin as I experienced with the CC................

Oh yeah, don't forget the larger fuel tank.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

anvil wrote:
f9k9 wrote:

Oh yeah, don't forget the larger fuel tank.
Everyone has the right to their own opinions! I haven't gotten derogative. I am sorry if, I came across that way. I'll just reserve my judgment until I see former CC owners and members wheel their H3s.

I know that the extra tank capacity is a big plus. I think that the optional lockers are also killer.

As for spinning tires from a dead stop...........I will have to once again think about why they can't.

Patiently standing by for some pics.Image
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

Both the CC and the H3 are products of GM no matter how we slice it.
I've owned GM for many years, I like the product.
In a pick-up truck with the light rear of the vehicle and a somewhat powerful engine and I had limited slip also on my CC. Coming off the line the CC would spin the tires. That I always knew would happen, I wasn't crazy about it.If the road was slick due to rain or a little snow, I expected the slippage. Yes, my Crew was 4wd. I would experiance the slippage in 2wd. On ocassion if needed, I would place the crew in 4wd until I got going well enough to go back to 2wd. This I did in the rainy summer months as well, not just in the snow.

The H3 has all wheel drive, plus considerably more weight.My 2002 CC was approximatley 4900lbs with 195hp, the H3 is approximatley 5900lbs with 240hp. It is nice to be able to apply that horse power with out loss of traction. The slippage just didn't occur from a dead stop either, it actually happened when ever I would lay into the throttle and the back end would break loose no and again. Now applying the throttle at any spead with the all wheel drive allows for a nice smooth ride.

I hope it really explains what I meant earlier about wheel slippage.
smallblocker
Regular
Regular

Post by smallblocker »

Wow those things are heavy. Burnouts are fun no?
'87 1st Gen Crewcab, 355, 5spd.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Here are the much anticipated photos of my new truck! Gas mileage is improved over my ZR5 by 2 mpg! The ride is much smoother and quieter. I love this truck!
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/ ... C01339.jpg
Just barely over the 100k limit :( -HJ

Hummer H3T Album
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Your album is set to private. We can't view it.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Sorry about that, I changed the settings on the photobucket so everyone can see now!
blaz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by blaz »

Nice truck! :D Just a FYI, we have access to more than just your hummer album. :shock:
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Thanks blaz! I am going to create a new account specifically for these pics and then there won't be any issues! Thanks for the heads up
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Okay, here the pictures are!

2009 Hummer H3T
blaz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by blaz »

:rock:

Can only see a H3T now.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Still no rear cup holders?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Gary H
Crew
Crew

Post by Gary H »

Ok, I've never made any secret of my dislike for H2's but I have to admit, the H3T is really nice. If I had the money, I'd be really tempted to get one.

Nice rig Bob!
[size=75]Gary.
(AKA Rusty)[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

HenryJ wrote:Still no rear cup holders?
2 cup holders in the back... 1 in each door

Back Door Cup Holder
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I stand corrected. I guess it is indeed an improvement.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I added a few more photos that I took today to the album!
brandons4door
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by brandons4door »

I'm thinking of making the jump to a h3 myself. Just looked at the prices for a nice used one and was pleasently suprised. The used h3 is cheaper than a canyon or colorado of the same year. They seem to wheel pretty good to. :D
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

brandons4door wrote:I'm thinking of making the jump to a h3 myself. Just looked at the prices for a nice used one and was pleasently suprised. The used h3 is cheaper than a canyon or colorado of the same year. They seem to wheel pretty good to. :D
If you can wait, try and find a used H3T. I know I miss my CC mostly because of the bed, otherwise the H3 is just another SUV. The Crew Cabs are unique as are the H3T.
The H3T has a longer wheel base than the H3 SUV, like the CC the back doors are full size and make it easy for the rear passengers.
So far my H3 has been a great vehicle and I enjoy driving it.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Just a quick update. I'm at about 5,000 miles right now. Doing an oil change is a long process now! I have to remove two large skid plates, the oil filter is in an extremely awkward position, and where the oil drain plug is, it sits right above a cross member so oil goes all over the place when you take the drain plug off! The lockers have come in handy while driving through some deep mud and a river crossing though! It is a very capable vehicle, I can definately go more places with this one compared to my ZR5! I purchased a new in dash touchscreen navigation dvd head unit and I am building a new subwoofer box for it! The only issues I have had so far with the truck is the alignment needed to corrected, but it was my fault that it needed to be adjusted after I wheeled it of course! (covered under warranty!) and the driver door hinge became misaligned and made a clicking noise while opening and closing the door (warranty as well). Other than I love the truck, so many people turn their heads b/c they haven't seen one before (I've only seen 2 others on the road so far). The gas mileage is steady around 18 MPG which is mixed driving, about 75% highway, the rest stop and go in the city.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Really glad it is working for you! Any word on potential buyers of the Hummer brand name? Last I heard it was one of the lines that GM was shedding. May hay changed but, that was the last I had heard.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Hummer=Made in China

Hummer sold to Chinese buyer
Yesterday, newspapers reported that Red Bull sold in mainland China was cocaine-free. Today, the Shenzhen Evening News reports that three batches of Red Bull drinks tested positive for cocaine in Hong Kong.
Wonder if they will have a Red Bull edition?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Makes me think of an emaiil response that I received after I sent out a report with photos after returning from Moab last Fall.

A close friend emailed me after I returned home with all the sights, scenery and adventure fresh in my mind.

"Makes you want to swallow your gun, doesn't it?"

Gonna stay upbeat and hope you have a blast with the H3!
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

BobbleSmitty wrote: I have to remove two large skid plates, the oil filter is in an extremely awkward position, and where the oil drain plug is, it sits right above a cross member so oil goes all over the place when you take the drain plug off!
Find one of those Fram Sure Drain plug drains! It's a valve/hose assembly that you screw in where your drain plug goes, and then when you need to change the oil...You just unscrew the valve cap, and screw in a valve release that is attached to a hose that you can re-route the oil around the cross member. I don't even use an oil pan when I change my oil. I simply put the end of the hose into my used oil container, (empty laundry detergent container), and it drains while I change the filter & do the lube work on the truck. :wink: You can even change the length of the hose by simply changing it with some cheap hose from Lowe's, old 3/4" gas line (?), etc. :wink:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: On the brink ...gotta Hummer

Post by BobbleSmitty »

It's been quite a long time since I've checked back in! I got an email from a new user asking about my exhaust on my old ZR5, so I thought I should stop by and say hi! I don't have anything but good things to say about the Hummer H3T! It's definitely a very capable truck off road, it gets better gas mileage than my old ZR5, it's more comfortable on the road, and it's unique, just the like ZR5 was! I hope all of you guys have been doing well! I'll try to stop in more frequently.

-Bob

H3T driving up a 16" curb
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

BobbleSmitty wrote:...it gets better gas mileage than my old ZR5...
What?! So Hummers are getting better gas mileage than us, now? :?

Nice truck, by the way. :thumb:
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

Bob, your H3T looks great all mudded up.
You sure were lucky to get the "T" when you did, I could not find a new one anywhere near me. As soon as the dealer received a couple used ones, they were gone!

Looks great! Congratulations.