Newb looking for some info...

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

GTOhaas

Newb looking for some info...

Post by GTOhaas »

Hey everyone. I just bought a 2001 S-10 CC with 80K on the clock. This thing is immaculate. The owner before me mainly towed it behind his motor home. He had every receipt of every oil change he ever did since he bought the truck new. He even did them at 2500 mile increments.

This is going to be my daily driver so I can finally start putting some power mods to my 05 GTO. Hopefully later this year I'll have my new motor for the GTO so I can do a LS2 swap on the S10, but until then I'm looking for some CHEAP power mods. I'm planning on doing the TB mod later this week and was wondering about the ECM swap. Is the difference worth it? Also, I'd like to do a BL but which one should I do and where is the best place to pick one up?

I'm sure all of you have answered all these questions countless times but your help would be greatly appreciated. I've done some searching but it's pretty scattered and S10forum doesn't have much specifically for the CC. Thanks guys, hope to meet a couple of ya. I'm in San Diego right now.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Welcome to for the forum.
The old time forum members are selling their rigs daily but, most remain and contribute.
I would recommend advanced search techniques that can be found in my signature.

If you find an old topic that is relative to your question then, please resurrect it. We have limited space on a donor server and try to conserve when we can.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Hobie is close, but sold his truck long ago. Might be worth a shout for help with the body lift?

Do the airbox and exhaust for the best gains.

The tranny could use some firming. A tune or programmer will help there.

Check your gear ratio using the RPO codes and see about a little bigger tires when you get the chance.

Plenty to read about here. Enjoy the truck. Be prepared to fix the popular bad stuff. Welcome :wave:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK