MMO ( Marvelous Mystery Oil)

Everything else! new member introductions, pics, announcements, news..

Moderator: F9K9

fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I started using MMO about a month or better ag, forgot to add it last fill up, still have about half a quart left, how long did it take till you saw the MMO had an effect? im not seeing it.

If I dont see an efect with the gas gauge,,, should I continue using MMO as a cleaner, or just use a fuel injector cleaner/add in/whatever type cleaner every so often?
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

It took 1 or 2 tanks of gas before I noticed a change, but if the contacts on the sender are real bad it won't do anything. MMO is good to put in the gas regularly because it will help protect the rest of the fuel system, especially the injectors and fuel pump. :wink:

Steve
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Alrighty, ill keep using it I guess.

Do you put in 4 ounces per 10 gallons? I think I have been putting more like 2 ounces per 10 gallons. I will quickly tilt it up into the gas tank filler neck, let it get about one "gulp" worth down ,and remove it. I have never managed to do this without getting it all around the filler opening or have it drip down the body yet...
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

MMO is sold in several different sized bottles. If you buy the largest bottle you get more for your $, but it is also more difficult to put in like you said. I like to buy the smallest bottle and I usually put in 4-6 ounces per 10 gallons of gas.

Steve
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Only sized bottle I saw was the quart size. Ill look for other sizes, but was suprised it was even sold here. Im not usually lucky enough to find products I never heard from, and read on the internet, locally.
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

I've been using 4oz. per 12gal. for two years now and my fuel miledge has stayed at between 22 & 24 MPG year round. I just gutted my main CAT this weekend and I'm hoping for further improvement. I will keep you updated. The MMO is not the only help I get, read my avatar and add them up. This MPG is only on hiway miles, I drive 1000 miles a WEEK on Cruise Control even down to 45mph!! 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Was just at advance auto,, got the stuff to flush my cooling system $45 worth! :twisted: But they only have the quart size of MMO. Maybe if i can find a smaller containter to make "one time use" portions of it and easy pour top.... hm hm hm.

But I havent ntoiced any differance in my gas milage. my driving is about 92% city and i get 14.5-15.5mpg
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

fallvitals wrote:Was just at advance auto,, got the stuff to flush my cooling system $45 worth! :twisted: But they only have the quart size of MMO..................
I thought Sea Foam was snake oil when an old friend recommended it. Worked wonders on my old ZR2! I bought a qt size of MMO (or similar size) today at my local advance and it was like $12. Not about to toss it in my CC but, I threw some in my heep for chits and giggles. I'll post up if, I notice notice anything in a few months.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

f9k9 wrote:I bought a qt size of MMO (or similar size) today at my local advance and it was like $12. Not about to toss it in my CC but, I threw some in my heep for chits and giggles.
Why not in the CC? :? I use in in all my vehicles to protect every part of fuel system, especially the fuel pump and injectors. :wink:

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

killian96ss wrote:.....Why not in the CC........
Well, with a difference of $30 in price from what the previous poster quoted, the CC having 35K on the clock, the heep having close to 90K, I'll experiment with the heep, tyvm. It's still snake oil until, I observe differently. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]